AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 167 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

I like yesterday's interior a lot better than today's.

2. oh2o

Level III Supporter

If you are referring to the "specs" listed on Allpar last fall, the correct 3.06 number was listed for the SRT8 auto, and 3.92 listed for the 6-speed SRT8. The R/T will come in at 2.82 (auto) and 3.73 (6-speed).

3. allhemi

allhemi Active Member

Way to fat!! 4140 is to heavy for a pony car.......... :( The shelby only weights 3920

4. faterotong

faterotong Member

WOOOOOOT! Now I can't wait to get one in B5 with a 6-speed!

Is it just me, or do I read that it has a BLD instead of a LSD? Is it true?

5. georgejetson

Supporter

The Shelby seats four -- and two had better have very short legs. Challenger has a usable back seat for three. It's not a pony car, it's what the most recent GTO should have been.

6. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member

Thank you
    I never thought about those types of things, but it does make sense.

7. dodge-guy

dodge-guy Member

HAve any of you noticed that the rear spoiler it´s in just black plastic? don´t get me wrong i love the car, but that spoiler looks out of place, it might be needed for aerodinamics, BUT, it looks cheap (At least from the photo) i would have to see it in person in order to have a final about it.

Do any of you Concurr?

8. georgejetson

Supporter

IIRC the R/T will have a painted spoiler. Only the SRT gets the black one. I think it's kind of cool, actually.

9. dodge-guy

dodge-guy Member

Well im not trying to look like Mr. Source and complain about 99.9% chrysler does, says or makes.

that is the only thing that i had a small complain about, it might look cool to you wich it´s fine, i just like better the sleeker vew of the concept without it.

I love the production grid though, it looks more acurate to the era DODGE it´s evoking with the new CHally

EDIT:

I also had a small itch about the weight and times, how ever that´s been covered by other members, and im ok with it now, i guess it reinforces the need for a Strip version that was announced a few days back here at Allpar

10. raywert

raywert New Member

11. Gibons

Gibons Member

I know this is hard for all the front wheel drive ricer crowd to understand, but with a rear wheel drive car you drift with the gas pedal :p

12. fargo59

fargo59 Well-Known Member

it looks like on the 6 speeds, there is a hand brake, but on the 5 speeds, there is a foot pedal. of course it could also change across the board.

13. srt4evah

srt4evah Well-Known Member

14/20, which is actually more accurate I think, than 13/18. I've personally averaged about 16-17mpg in mixed driving, and have had multiple road trips that netted 20-22mpg, with the climate control on.

I love the looks, and at the same time, is it ok to say I'm a little disappointed that it's just a 2-door Charger? I mean, same weight, same perf, basically the entire driving experience is the same as the Charger SRT-8. Awesome car, both are awesome, but for a coupe I would have liked to see more of a performance/sport advantage, afforded perhaps by lower curb weight and some tweaks to maybe the suspension and tires. Who knows, maybe those tweaks are in there, I haven't driven one, but all signs point towards Charger re-skin at the moment.

Not hating on the car, I love both the interior and exterior styling, just not impressed with the performance characteristics at the moment, I didn't expect it to be a straight Charger clone...

14. dodge-guy

dodge-guy Member

+1

15. jwhite

Supporter

new SRT8 perf numbers from the reveal:

0-60 = 4.9 sec
    0-100-0 = 16.5 sec
    1/4 mile = 13.3 (unless I misheard that one)

16. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member

17. jz78817

jz78817 Active Member

I wish they would offer the V6 with a stick; I want one of these but I'm not willing to put up for V-8 fuel economy.

I wish, I wish, I wish... pie in the sky, I know.

18. dodge-guy

dodge-guy Member

mmm Lighter Plug?

Pushbutton starting? i can´t see it in the images at Allpar, is it an option not showed?

19. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member

lighter plug is directly behind the shifter in that photo.
    not to mention it is too small for either of those things

I am talking about the little panel directly to the right of the N

20. jwhite

Supporter

under the flap, is the manual override for the Brake Shift Interlock solenoid. if the BSI solenoid fails, you can overide it with a button under that flap that will move the shift blocking plate and allow you to shift the gear selector.