AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 177 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. DGdaPilot

DGdaPilot Active Member

Don't tell my Big Red (the Daytona), but that B5 Blue looks gorgeous on that car!

2. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

If it's offered in '09, mine will be B5. (If not, I'll probably go with black, but we'll see.)

3. EngineJoe

EngineJoe Guest

That black is amazing. I am sure it looks much nicer in real life.

I want a black 6-speed. What's a little more wait

4. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR

Hey guys, are there any pictures out there of the R/T? I'm thrilled about the SRT coming out, but I'm more interested in the R/T.

Edit...I just found the info that base and R/T's will debut 3/19..."Scheduled debut of the 2009 base model and 2009 R/T model Challengers, 2008 NY Auto show." Still hoping for some early pics though.

Also, does anyone know why MDS will be disabled on the Tremec 6 speed models? Sorry if these have been addressed already.

5. Jared

Level 2 Supporter

This should answer your question... from a previous post.

http://www.ontariostreetcar.com/showthread...p=4959#post4959

I think the best part about it is the interior....

6. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

I know this might sound really trivial, but will chrome wheels become available ??
    Black with the chrome.....!!
    What a terrific car this is.....way to go Chrysler !!

7. woodstock

woodstock New Member

I think that the factory wheels are aluminum. If you want chrome, you may have to look at the aftermarket.

This brings up a question that I have about aftermarket wheels:
    The Challenger has a tire pressure monitoring display, so they have to have an air pressure sensor in the wheels. Can the sensor be mounted inside aftermarket wheels?
    Is the tire pressure system available on the current Charger, or is this the first time that this is offered?

I am considering aftermarket wheels. I think that the best looking wheels on the new Challenger would be the Foose Challenge wheels. They are basically a copy of the original Rallye wheels. (And the name "Challenge"). But I will stick with the original wheels if they can't work with the air pressure sensor.

8. dakota2112

dakota2112 Active Member

That depends on how their tire pressure system works. Don't some systems look for rotational speed discrepancies between wheels, instead of using actual pressure measurements? (I don't know what system the LX cars use)

9. woodstock

woodstock New Member

I found this on Challenger talk:
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM): Pressure-sensor modules within the valve stems of all four road wheels send continuous radio frequency signals to a receiver and the system informs occupants when tire pressure is too low

So I guess that all you have to do is install the valve stems and you are good to go.

10. PAMoparMan

Thanks, now I remember seeing that post. Exterior appears identical except for the painted hood and I think I read that the rear spoiler will be body color also. Those pics also show the chin spoiler.

11. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

View attachment 2077

Attached, is a spy photo of the front of a red 2009 R/T:

I also read that the R/T will have round tail pipe extensions- not the rectangular ones on the SRT.

12. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Why does it look like it’s parked at some dudes house, like he is getting ready to sell it on eBay?

13. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

It's probably parked at some dude's house like he drove it home from his job in Auburn Hills.

14. PAMoparMan

Then his neighbors need to get over there with a case of beer and take a lot more pics than that! ;)

As for round tailpipe extensions, those can easily be switched out for rectangular if needed.

15. oh2o

Level III Supporter

:)

16. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Dude-dude...no way...you are soooo cool.

17. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

this is taken right from the challenger page with info provided by oh2o:

Additional features of the 2009 R/T will include a rear body-color spoiler, 4-wheel anti-lock heavy-duty brakes, anti-spin rear differential, chrome pedals, dual rear exhaust, heated front seats, illuminated cupholders and map pockets, power heated mirrors, instrument cluster display screen, performance steering and suspension and 20”x8” chrome-clad wheels. R/T models will have a 19-gal. fuel tank, vs the 18.5 tank on the base models.

18. Jared

Level 2 Supporter

I bet it's the same car pictured here from Ontario Street Car:

19. jtramort

jtramort Guest

The wheels on the R/T parked outside with the V6 look terribly boring. They look like they belong on a minivan. I hope there is a better design as an option or that the Charger aftermarket has some wheels for this application.

20. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

I saw a set of the Alcoa Forge wheels today on a Charger SRT. They look great. They also allow for a good display of those red Brembo calipers and the slotted disc. It is a good look. I had started looking for aftermarket wheels for my Challenger to be but changed my mind today. The next 3 months will be a long wait.