AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 178 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

On another site, it was stated that Hemi-orange will not be offered on the 2009s. It is an exclusive color the 2008 SRT Challenger. I it hard to believe that Dodge would not offer such a popular color next year. Can anyone confirm this? oh2o??

2. romedog

romedog Active Member

Mea culpa--per Gail & Rice people in Chicago:

Orange car: H100551
    Silver car: H100549

Black car vin didn't get reported.

3. catdaddy63

catdaddy63 Active Member

And it's probably a six speed to boot! ;)

4. MarineViper

MarineViper Moderator

5. GroovesnDaHeart

Man, the car looks sweet in blue. Each time I check it out the price has gone up a thousand bucks.... it's at $84,000 right now. If I had the money I'd be in that bidding war.

6. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

I'll wait and buy a manual trans car in that color for MSRP in a year or so.

7. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Everything I'm reading says that this car will be the ONLY one painted in B5 Blue.

Then again, money does talk.

8. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Ooooooh it comes with a cheesy decal kit.

9. chazcron

chazcron Member

10. georgejetson

Supporter

The only 2008, maybe.

11. chazcron

chazcron Member

Chip Hart of Hart Productions tells me the Challenger, Journey and Firepower will be there.

12. GroovesnDaHeart

Oh yeah, I thought this was the only Challenger they were doing in the blue. I hadn't seen that they will be bringing that color out for new models. I hadn't noticed the decal package before, ha. I'm thinking I like it better without the #43 but it's a cool option.

13. chazcron

chazcron Member

Hey, I just noticed, why aren't there any shots of the trunk open?

14. georgejetson

Supporter

Interesting.

15. chazcron

chazcron Member

Knowing Cincinnati, they probably asked if they had any old concepts laying around. They want Cincinnatians to feel special, like the big (city) kids.

16. georgejetson

Supporter

I actually think we're going to be seeing more of Firepower in the coming months.

17. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

not to open up a can of worms here, but i'm curious to hear what some of your thoughts on the R/T performance numbers will be? i know its almost impossible to get facts when final numbers for the R/T arent released, but i think we can assume the 380hp/404tq revamped 5.7 is going in. with a manual tranny, how will it (stock R/T) perform against the mustang gt stock. with preliminary numbers for the SRT released, its not beating average numbers for GT's by that much.

with the R/T's less hp than the SRT, and having to pull around the 4100lbs, will it still be able to match up against the mustang? i think we're all sure the challenger will out handle a mustang with the more sophisticated suspension, but stop light to stop light....i dont know what to think.

oh2o, do you have any info that you can share that might shed light on how it will stack up?

if not, i guess we'll find out soon at the NY auto show, but i'm gettin antsy again waiting for information! my heart is set on a challenger no matter what, but i just wanna know.

18. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

Will the Challenger be at the Atlanta show? The B% car can be delivered with out the stripes if that is what the buyer wants.

19. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Dave, good move on sending the concept to its own page. When going to the Challenger page I think most of us are done reading about the concept.

Got the new issue of Hot Rod. I'm surprised to read the car is four inches narrower, still seating five. I'm glad to read the front over hang was pushed out two inches; the car already has a stubby look about it that the original didn't. I don't get the whole over hang hysteria. The more I look at the door inner panels the happier I am.

20. woodstock

woodstock New Member

I'm OK with that.