AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 179 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. woodstock

woodstock New Member

2. GroovesnDaHeart

Has anyone signed up for the Challenger email updates on the Dodge site? I haven't gotten one yet and I'm wondering how often they get sent. I'm thinking it'll be a good way to get new info.

Dodge Updates

3. hemiboy

hemiboy New Member

Getting info, yes, but not new info if you read allpar regularly. :) I've signed up for those email notifications in the past and I find that I usually get something from Dodge about a month or two after the official announcement of whatever it was had already been discussed in detail on allpar!

4. Locomotion

Locomotion Active Member

I just clicked on the ebay link and it said the listing was removed! Was the link correct?

But I also wondered if the #43 Challenger is suppose to be a tribute to Petty, why was it painted B5 Blue and not B3 Blue, which is Street Basin/Super/Petty Blue?

Ok, I looked it up manually and found it intact: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Chall...tem260213483739

5. woodstock

woodstock New Member

6. W Bohannon

W Bohannon Well-Known Member

With the proposed demise of the Viper and the consolidation of the three brands under one roof I can see the Firepower replacing the Viper as a premium hi powered sports tourer. I prefer the name from the Desotos [ Fireflyte or Fireflite]. It could probably be built on the same line as the Challenger, you 'cuda fans would have your "'cuda". There, I solved at least two problems with a few keystrokes! :p

7. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Wow, I'm left with out words for the moment. So how much Challenger was under those Charger bodies?

8. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member

$145,100 so far

9. eaglecars

eaglecars Well-Known Member

isn't the word out that they're cancelling the ZC and closing down Connor Ave.? I
    need to go see it before that happens...

10. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Yes.

But there are also rumors that the Viper will be replaced by a V8-powered sports car that can be built on the Brampton assembly line.

11. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

Where are the rumors??

12. GroovesnDaHeart

#43 Auction update:

$151K

1 day, 4 hours left

Absolutely gorgeous Blue Challenger, without a doubt.

13. Jared

Level 2 Supporter

Uh... isn't that just a colorized picture of the orange Challenger?

14. mofan

mofan Active Member

thats what i thought? sorta like how they auctioned #3 but showed the concept.

15. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

Still waiting to hear where this rumor came from :rolleyes:
    You should do research before trying to start pathetic rumors that are not true. Have you heard that the Viper may be dead as they want to allocate money to other areas that need it more? Thats a rumor...
    Chrysler axing the Viper to build a V8 sports car on the Brampton line is called a Dodge Challenger...if you're thinking anything else (even more niche) in this time of Hemis and expensive fuel you need to step back from the keyboard.

16. fastway

fastway Guest

+1 to that. Very lame rumor.

17. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Say what???

18. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Assume 100.0000% on the new 5.7's going into the R/T, manual and auto... as for the hp/tq numbers, I really have no idea. But the numbers I'm sure will be in the ballpark of what they were for the Ram. I don't believe that they put the hp spec any higher than 380 as they need to stay a bit away from SRT territory. I'm thinking that *maybe* there will be a slight difference between the manual and auto versions, especially if they decide to add a performance exhaust as per the Charger R/T with R/T group (although thankfully there will not be a confusing "R/T" option group for the "R/T" Challenger). While manual versions of the Challenger will be popular and sought after, they will still comprise a smaller percentage of overall sales than auto versions. Providing an extra 10 hp in the 6-speed versions would be an effective marketing tool to enhance the demand/sales a bit, especially for buyers who may be "on the edge" as far as deciding whether to get a manual or auto.

19. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

I don't start rumors. I collect them from sources that have proven at least somewhat reliable in the past. Not all those sources post to this board. Do your own research.

20. Hammer00

Hammer00 Active Member

That would work... a nice rear drive, 2 seater and maybe just use a blown or turbo'd Hemi to keep up with those pesky LS motors from GM!