AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 186 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Yes, it's the "HO" version, with 250HP[at]6400RPM and 250TQ[at]3800RPM. Single-tip exhaust only. Duals are standard on the R/T and SRT.

2. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

maybe i missed it, but will orange be an available R/T color option? as silly as it sounds, thats the only color i want this car in. thanks.

3. Stratuscaster

Let's see...
    Yup - on the R/T only.

I kinda like this little tidbit...

4. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

I see that now is it R/T or SRT8 for the money? Do I really want all the extra SRT bits and parts, do I need them?

This may really be the one to wait for.

...sooooooo any news on the 'vert?

5. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

thanks stratuscaster, i'm at work and blew throught the upadated page. dont want to get caught looking!

6. chazcron

chazcron Member

If you've cruised through the Hi Res images like I have, I have a duty as a professional Photoshopper to report with absolute certainty that the white and blue ones were faked in color. Hopefully there will be a number of great color group shots to peruse after the "reveal".

I'm sure the white and blue look much better in reality than these altered images.

I was a little bummed that there are two reds and no green. I am a tad disappointed by the pedestrian gauge typeface and design. I do understand that the SRT has to be cooler, and that this is supposed to be a low frill interior because it is primarily a muscle car. Not going to stop me from getting one.

7. feld0028

feld0028 New Member

I Haven't seen anything about 2009 pricing yet. Anyone know when that info will be released? Maybe Friday when the show is opened up to the public-

That is EXCELLENT that the Manual R/T can be ordered with the 3.92 rear if the 20" wheel are ordered. I actually like the style and size ratio of the 18's, but where else can you get that steep of a factory rearend?

At the Minneapolis auto show last weekend they confirmed some of the '09's (ex. Journey) would have the lifetime warranty, although they disclaim it by saying it could dissapear at any time. That's my biggest scale tipper in favor or the R/T. And I can't wait to see this "Classic" package with the old cursive script badges & the side stripe. Probably similar to the graphic kit included with B5 #43.

I was wondering if the 'vert would be brought up today too- Hopefully Sublime & Plum Crazy make the cut next year.

Now if we only had a price tag for all this fun...

8. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

[quote name='Top 'Nana' post='939952' date='Mar 19 2008, 11:29 AM']I Haven't seen anything about 2009 pricing yet. Anyone know when that info will be released? Maybe Friday when the show is opened up to the public-

That is EXCELLENT that the Manual R/T can be ordered with the 3.92 rear if the 20" wheel are ordered. I actually like the style and size ratio of the 18's, but where else can you get that steep of a factory rearend?

At the Minneapolis auto show last weekend they confirmed some of the '09's (ex. Journey) would have the lifetime warranty, although they disclaim it by saying it could dissapear at any time. That's my biggest scale tipper in favor or the R/T. And I can't wait to see this "Classic" package with the old cursive script badges & the side stripe. Probably similar to the graphic kit included with B5 #43.

I was wondering if the 'vert would be brought up today too- Hopefully Sublime & Plum Crazy make the cut next year.

Now if we only had a price tag for all this fun...[/quote]
    On motor trends site they state the SE will start at 20K and although heavier it gets better MPG than 6cyl Mustang and has better value overall.

9. Stratuscaster

The blue "SE" is definitely been "digitally enhanced."

The white one - I'm not so sure. Not that it matters all that much to me.

10. JohnRogers

I’d like one or more of the major auto rags to have a cover story on the entire Challenger line up with test drive figures and rumors on the ‘vert.

I was just remembering…years ago when I saw the Durango for the first time. I thought to my self, take the ride height down slip a muscle car body on and tune the suspension for sport car handling while calling it something from the old days, I’d buy that! Here Dodge has finally done more than I ever imagined they would. It is very fitting as a former E-Body owner that this will be my first new car.

11. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

Did you guys miss the unveiling? The SE was B5 (superbee blue) and looked killer. Watch the video...quit speculating.

12. chazcron

chazcron Member

Saw the glitch-marred (but nicely ad-libbed "we'll definatley save some money on this presentation") unveiling. I couldn't stop staring at the sock-covered feet. They even showed the blue 'shopped one in the presentation. It looks as good in the video as I had thought. I wasn't speculating that there wasn't the color, just that they faked it for whatever reason. (such as inserting it on a screen during the presentation.)

Still waiting for pricing, regularly refreshing the dodge page.

13. Stratuscaster

Which is odd, since the other info provided clearly states that B5 Blue is an R/T and SRT color only.

14. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

15. tsan300

tsan300 Lost

Can anybody find out where the e-brake is on the stick shift Challenger???

16. Stratuscaster

Foot-operated pedal on the left.

17. jtramort

jtramort Guest

What are the stripes gonna look like? Hood to fender? Whats that mean? And the classics "wide side stripe?" I wanted a 70 belt-line or 71 Dual stripe into "R/T."

18. JohnRogers

I love that article! :lol:

19. Stratuscaster

One of the images shows a dual-stripe into a T/A logo...

20. oh2o

Level III Supporter

***2009MY Challenger production update***

35k units originally planned.... now increased to a projected 50,000+ :)

--Allpar exclusive info--