AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 194 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

It was actually 820 HP.Of course each team had the opportunity to fine tune but all entries were stock specs. There was an abundance of power, but tires, suspension, trans, etc lacked the good launch and times were not that great when compared to today. A big block 426 would shred the trans and rear end assembly of todays car.

2. Locomotion

Locomotion Active Member

:blink: I wish I could have seen that.
    Was it a street Hemi or '64/'65/'68 race Hemi?

NHRA/IHRA stock class E-bodies have been in the high 9's, but even Stock class cars aren't all that "stock". I was under the impression that 800+ was in SS territory. While blueprinting an OEM engine can help quite a bit, as well as some non-OEM "tweaks", it still seems like a lot. But without more details about the engines tested, I'll have to apologize for my scepticism.

3. Gibons

Gibons Member

Thinks like porting the heads and exhaust, cheater cams which have the same total duration and lift but shoulders that go practically straight up and down instead of tapered like a stock cam can make some huge improvements while sticking within the rules of "Stock".

4. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

http://www.theolympian.com/524/story/435430.html
    Those two comments don’t seem to jive at first. Gen-X Gearhead types like me worship the Challenger. Those who view cars as mere transportation have an aversion to American brands.

5. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR

+1
    My Gen-X neighbors drive a Mazda minivan and Toyota Corolla, and only because they have to drive to work. Toyotafication has sucked a lot of the passion out of Gen-X car owners. There are always exceptions of course, including the Gen-X'rs here, and the tuner crowd. Growing up with boring econoboxes as the majority of our transportation options really took the emotion away though. The musclecar designs were really cool, and many of us under 40 are thirsting for those types of cars. Dodge is hoping that many of us don't know just how thirsty we are yet.

6. faterotong

faterotong Member

7. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

That's pretty cool! Also, is it just me, or does that Chally sound massaged(besides the mopar air intake) and like it has a 6 speed?

8. faterotong

faterotong Member

sounds like it does have a stick, although I can't tell as IIRC, the autostick can hold the gear and let you bounce off the rev limiter.

Actually, I take that back, I'm pretty confident it's the 5-speed auto. I think you'd have to have pretty quick feet to keep the brakes on and do a burnout with a stick the way they did it. Brakes are on the whole time. Plus, on the first take off, you can hear the 2-3 shift is extremely smooth to me...although they guys might well just drive stick way better than I do. hah

9. JohnRogers

What do you think about those "Mopar Rallye" wheels?

10. feld0028

feld0028 New Member

11. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

Can anyone give a report on how many Challengers are rolling off the line?

12. JohnRogers

What about those "Mopar Rallye" wheels? I want them on my Challenger!

13. nitroram33

nitroram33 Well-Known Member

Think I've posted this same post on about a million different sites, but here it goes again:

14. feld0028

feld0028 New Member

The rallye wheels from the Vanishing point clip? Look closely and they say "Foose" on the center cap. I bet they're already available.

15. DCAutoWorker

DCAutoWorker Well-Known Member

16. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

17. spider597

spider597 Active Member

Please remember that those pure stock cars do have a lot of modifications you cant see. Most of them have a lot of head porting and they even port the stock exhaust manifolds. They're not showroom stock.

18. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm off for about 2 weeks! :D :D :D :D

p.s. I would have more smiley faces, but I was over my limit.

19. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR