AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 198 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. hemiman876

hemiman876 Member

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.dodge.com/2008/challenger/ordertracking/login.jsp

2. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

Thanks. This will be very helpful to track the build of my car after I receive the VIN number.

I am also looking for a code sheet to explain preliminary order information (i.e., when you only have a VON). For example, my VON says "Priority Code 99." What does this mean?

Another possible hurdle to getting our Challengers on time has been eliminated.

The Canadian Auto Workers (CAW) at Chrysler LLC and General Motors have ratified a new labor agreement. This wraps up this year's round of negotiations between the CAW and the major automakers.

3. o_swas

Level III Supporter

Can somebody comment on the 2009 SRT-8 colors?

My dad tried to land a 2008 SRT-8 but couldn't find one, so he's looking to "settle" for a 2009 SRT-8. He preferred to have an orange 2008 but wasn't able to find one.

The local dealer told him that they have a 2009 SRT-8 on order. They said that the dealers raised enough of a ruckus to cause Dodge to offer orange as a 2009 SRT-8 color like the 2008s had.

Is there any truth to this? Can anybody who's "in the know" comment?

Thank you!!!!

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

yes, orange is on the 2009 SRT option list...

If you look around here you will find the whole list.

Mike

5. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

Yesterday, Bob Frederick posted on redletterdodge.com that to date, no Challengers had been shipped, including the “auction cars”. They are spending extra time in final inspection to make certain they are first- quality. Brampton is working two shifts/day, six days/week. As soon as they are satisfied with the product, production will be ramped-up to full capacity. All 2008s will be built by the mid-July before the factory closes for vacation.

For 2009, Hemi Orange will be offered in the SRT8 models until mid-model year (no set number). If you want a Hemi-Orange, you should act soon!

6. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

Fixed it slightly for you, Only working Monday to Friday for right now. Saturdays, if needed, when we reach peak production. New Chrysler = no unnecessary overtime.

7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Sounds like a good plan. Overtime does seem a bit wasteful with the large inventories, especially now that they've ordered ALL suppliers to cut 25% from EVERY part or be replaced by Chinese suppliers. Ack.

8. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

I actually AGREE! Last year we were working the Saturdays before downweeks. This did not make sense at all. Now I here were not going to work Saturdays until we get daily production numbers upto projections. This makes sense, if their paying O.T. they should do it when we are able to produce the cars at an efficient daily rate. We are still in launch mode.

9. Gibons

Gibons Member

Ya its cheaper to hire 1 person more to work 5 days a week then it is to pay 5 people to work 1 day of overtime. To many companies out there don't seem to understand this idea and go nutso on the cut backs then panic when there overtime doubles because suddenly there are times when they can't keep up with demand.

10. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

I’m reading all these articles lately, Muscle Car Milestones is definitely worth picking up this month, and they compare measurements to the original car. We here all know the new car is larger than the original but what about a 1971 B-body? Has anyone printed those stats, how do these cars compare in height, weight, length, width and wheelbase?
    I have a feeling we are getting a new B-Body wrapped in E-Body sexiness and I like that.

11. BillP2R

BillP2R Guest

Some of us have been saying (without making much head way) that the Challenger should be thought of as a Charger coupe, not a pony car.

-------------------- Bill

12. JohnRogers

Wheelbase
    2008Challenger: 116
    1968----B-Body: 116

Length
    2008Challenger: 197.7
    1968----B-Body: 202.7

Width
    2008Challenger: 75.7
    1968----B-Body: 76.4

Height
    2008Challenger: 57
    1968----B-Body: 54.7

Headroom FRT
    2008Challenger: 39.5
    1968----B-Body: 38.6

Headroom Rear
    2008Challenger: 37.4
    1968----B-Body: 37.4

Leg Room FRT
    2008Challenger: 42
    1968----B-Body: 41.9

Legroom Rear
    2008Challenger: 32.6
    1968----B-Body: 36.3

Track FRT
    2008Challenger: 63
    1968----B-Body: 59.5

Track Rear
    2008Challenger: 63.1
    1968----B-Body: 58.5

Sources AllPar and Yahoo Autos

13. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

I don't think any of the regulars here are thinking of Challenger as a pony car. It's clearly more like an old B-body in terms of back seat utility and target audience, even if it gets lumped in with the Camaro and Mustang in the eyes of the media and some buyers.

14. nitroram33

nitroram33 Well-Known Member

Ditto. :huh:

15. MoparMan

MoparMan Viper powered

Agree to an extent - the back seat in the new Chally mule that I saw was alot shorter on legroom than the back seat in my gen II Chargers.

16. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

17. JohnRogers

File this under Can't Please Everyone.

Post number 17: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1837e9/16

Enjoy your Camaro half as much as I'll enjoy my Challenger and you'll be all smiles dude.

18. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR

"And who in their right mind would but this car in an automatic."

Oh, I don't know, maybe the same type of people that bought the automatics in 1970? :blink: No kidding, you can't please everyone, even when you hit a home run. As for the Camaro, I'll keep my colorful adjectives to myself and just say I'll never own one. :lol:

19. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

Automotive News reports 550 built last week and 382 the week before. Production is ramping up! Dodge's deadline for completing all of the 2008s is mid-July when the factory closes for vacation. By the 2nd week of August, the R/Ts will start production and the SRTs in September.

On the negative side, someone posted on another site that the company in Windsor, Canada that installs the hood decal has not completed its first car for retail sales. They were supposed to start last week.

20. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

They ran alot today on dayshift, I'd say close to 80. Every 3 to 4 was a Challenger most of the day. Those Hemi Orange ones really stand out even coming down the asssembly line.

As read here, none shipped to them.