AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 199 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

Thank you dfarc! You are about theonly person only several sites that gives real and accurate information. 80 today sounds great, maybe mine won't be too much longer. Can you disclose what badge number is the highest so far and what the last six onf the vin are?

2. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

Nothing earth shattering, but watching the Cubs - Astros game on tv, behind home plate they have Dodge Challenger advertisement " 425 caballos". Thought it was pretty cool to see the car being advertised.

3. DCAutoWorker

DCAutoWorker Well-Known Member

The dashboard number badges are put on by the same company that does the stripping.

4. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

I actually work on the line and really don't have the time to write down the VINs especially with so many coming down; I'd say we did well over 50 today on day shift.
    Have you checked out LX Forums, I know when the 300 was so hot, that if you joined their site, a paid membership, they would help you out with some of your questions. Not sure if it still works like that but it might be worthwhile looking into. Hope you get your Baby soon.

A question I don't know the answer to, yet, is are the numbers also on the door panels like they were for the Daytona?

5. 04RAMSRT10

Thank you again, 50 on day shift may mean 100 today. That would be great.

6. 04RAMSRT10

The is yet another rumor of an event on June 15 which makes no sense because that is a Sunday. Any way this rumors says that none will be be shipped before the are all built and then all shipped at once. When is the Michigan race?

7. nitroram33

nitroram33 Well-Known Member

06/15/08 LifeLock 400 Michigan International Speedway TNT/12:30 p.m. :lol:

8. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

What car was he driving? :eek:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/24/do...hallenger-srt8/

9. Mr Squirrel

Mr Squirrel Guest

I don't know, I'll probably be getting an auto myself. I drive a manual transmission vehicle right now, and spending an hour+ with it everday day in rush hour traffic, gets a little old. Figure I'll just get the auto stick and have the best of both worlds.

10. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

11. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

The right answer and probably the thinking at Dodge.

Well now check this out boys and girls.

http://adage.com/madisonandvine/article?article_id=127312

Sounds like a decent plan to reach younger non-traditional muscle car age fans.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6561351.html

Funny, I’ll be firing up my DVR to record commercials! :lol:

Joy!

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/05/tnt_to_...d_microseri.php

12. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

13. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

Whole trailer load of Orange SRT8's just spotted on the 401, sorry no pics. It was sitting at a rest stop with a crowd of people around it LOL

14. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

Yes they are hauling them. I saw a load of Black, Silver , and Orange ones, on route to Windsor.

15. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR

16. BCSharp

BCSharp New Member

I'm looking through the options list for the 09 R/T, it shows "hood to fender stripes". I haven't seen any pictures of an R/T with stripes, and by the description they sound different than the SRT stripes (I'd simply call those hood stripes, or maybe hood to header panel stripes :wacko: ). Can't think of a precedent from any classic mopars either. The only thing I can think of with what I'd call hood to fender stripes was a recent boss mustang (concept?) I'd seen pictures of.

17. Locomotion

Locomotion Active Member

The only thing that comes to mind with "hood to fender stripes" is an option '71 and/or 72 Road runners had.
    I don't recall if they were solid or strobed. But I can't picture it on a Challenger hood.

18. BCSharp

BCSharp New Member

Looked that up, looks to be a 72 only thing... and I'm with you on the not being able to see it on a challenger hood.

19. hemiman876

hemiman876 Member

i do believe this is the stripe you are speaking of:

[​IMG]

20. BCSharp

BCSharp New Member

Cool. Thats pretty much exactly what I wanted to do if I get one.... except with RT where that shows TA. Basically the 71 style RT stripe. I figured it would be a matter of days to months before some aftermarket company was selling a set, of course if the factory is offering them even better! Not sure why they would call that a hood to fender stripe though; fender to quarter side stripe would be a much better description. That said it looks very photochoped to me, or maybe its just the pixelization. Was that one of the photos from the launch in new york where the mopar accessories display was in the background?