AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 200 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Mr Squirrel

Mr Squirrel Guest

Now, I haven't seen any indication that Dodge is going to offer this, but what I'll be doing is ordering an R/T w/o striping and having this added at a local auto body:

[​IMG]

2. Ramtuff

Ramtuff Member

A dealer, Bob Fredrickson (I think I have that right anyway), who posts for Chrysler on RedLetterDodge.com said he's seen the stripe, and it's NOT the body length stripe. He said it's a set of double stripes that starts at the hood bulge and angles back towards the doors, stopping at the belt line, with R/T under it.

3. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

The Detroit Free Press Review - I Think He Likes It!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080529/COL14/805290384/1002/BUSINESS

THE MAD DUCK :lol:

4. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was mentioned here before or not. We were told this week that when we return, after our July shutdown, we would be building 3.5L Challengers. I'm not sure if this was always the plan or because of recent record high gas prices. I guess those waiting for the 5.7L stick will have to be a little more patient.

5. longlivechrysler

longlivechrysler The Negative Optimist

6. dartndodge

dartndodge Well-Known Member

So is Jeff Gale (Production Challenger design team) the son of Tom Gale? Or no relation.

Either way, E body blood must run thru the Family name. :lol:

I wonder if Crystal Gale ownes a Challenger?

7. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

Yes, son of Tom.

8. hemiman876

hemiman876 Member

Yes, its a photoshopped pic, but it is straight from Chrysler and yes it was from the NY launch. Same goes for the artwork in my next post.

Hey, Dodge is going to give you a bumblebee stripe option as well, according to this pic from the Mopar accessories shown at the NY auto show:

[​IMG]

Looks like they used the concept for the base image of this photochop, but you get the idea.

9. jclick

jclick Well-Known Member

Drove the Challenger today at Dover speedway. It was on a marked-off course and at very slow speed but was cool to get behind the wheel. I'll post the pics soon. They also had a preproduction regular cab base model Ram. Interior looked great for a base model, only complaint is that the plastic still has the rough unfinished edges in some noticeable spots

10. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

11. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

That is quite a reach and Cerberus is denying such reports.

12. Hammer00

Hammer00 Active Member

So when and where can the factory drag car Challenger be ordered?

13. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

Is there any information on the production number today or this week? I think mine will be built this week.

14. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

I was told late last week they want 70/shift. This week?

15. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

Is there any truth to the rumor that the shipment of all 2008 Challengers is held up due to an electrical problem in the auto trans?

16. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Seems unlikely, since we have some reports of cars arriving at dealers.

17. the cp

the cp Active Member

Another such report: Yesterday, I received a picture message from a friend of mine who works at a dealership in Kansas City, MO. Rear end of a Hemi Orange SRT8. The hood was raised, and the stripes are visible. I'll try to upload it later.

18. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

It was previously reported on some forums that over 800 Challengers were on shipping hold.

The hold on shipping was supposedly an electrical problem in the auto trans. The problem has been identifed as a pinch point in the wiring harness that could short and cause the fuse to blow that operates the shifter for the auto trans.

Dodge is fixing these 800 cars and making sure that future ones do not encounter the same problem. I suppose that the dealers will receive a technical bulletin to fix the cars that were already shipped before this problem arose.

That is why it is not always a good thing to buy the first year of a model run.

19. JohnRogers

I thought larger wheels allowed for tires with less sidewall for better handling? I’m intending my R/T for weekend road trips, cruise nights and limited road course track time, should I even be thinking about the 18” wheels instead of the 20 inch wheels? I’m also planning on the six speed over the automatic.

20. JohnRogers

I'm about half way through Winding Road's July issue article on our favorite new ride. While complaining a bit about the interior the article mentions that the SRT crew are not fans of the steering wheel either. :lol: