AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 204 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Any informed guess when the Classic R/T or Heritage R/T, I thought I read both names for what is described, when it will be available to order?

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

That's my problem... I've yet to see anyone that seems to know. There are a few things I am dissappointed about and this is one of them, besides not having more color choices. I don't want till 2010 personally. I'm just going to settle on hemi orange and be happy I guess. I know I am going to love the car no matter what. I sure would love to have lime green or plum crazy though.

Mike

3. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

4. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

5. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

6. trublu69

trublu69 Active Member

Not sure how the whole "Facebook" and "myspace" thing fits here, so I'm going to try and go back toward the topic a little.

Why is that Chrysler has always been piss poor on planning a new car launch, when the Mustang came out, everything came at once, at least all of the "meat and potato" models, then they launched all of the specialty units.

I mean their worried about their sales so what do they do launch a limited run model, well that'll turn things right around, while all the while everyone who doesn't want or can't afford the limited run cars, either has to wait until whenever, or it just gives them time to shop other brands.

Also I agree with whoever posted it, whats with the whole dribbling of options and colors , just get it out there for god's sake, do they honestly think they will hold everyones interest by just throwing bones at us for a year or two. Seriously, I'm a Mopar guy, and I like the new Challenger, and would love to get one, but I'm also not a patient shopper, my eye may drift elsewhere if their not careful.

7. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

It has been rumored that, to date, Dodge has taken 17,000 orders for 2009 Challengers. Of this total, 3,450 are SRTs. Dodge may stop taking orders on SRTs temporarily. The balance will be available late in the year as a B5 blue color.

8. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Sounds like the launch strategy is working out fine so far.

And trublu69, while Ford did theoretically launch both coupe and convertible Mustangs at the same time, and each dealer had at least one car on launch day, it was MONTHS before they had enough in the pipeline to meet demand. For many dealers, that one car was all they were able to get for 4-5 months.

9. Mike V.

Not to mention the lawsuit that prevented the delivery of THOUSANDS of GT models for several months. They sat in storage lots waiting.

Ford made a big boo boo on their product lauch and didn't have their ducks in a row.

Mike

10. Awesum

Awesum Guest

Our Challenger just showed up on the tape. $51570 canadian, fully loaded. Not a bad price, and 2009 V6 can be had for about $28000. Just goes to show that even with the money the same, and built in Canada that the prices have not been corrected. But I still want one. :p

11. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

I heard no Canadian cars would be built until 50% of the Americans cars had been built. ...So I am saying have 3200 American cars been delivered already??? (or just built and in transit)..because I can count on my hands the number of cars I have heard in the hands of their owners..

12. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

Tilbury Chrysler has a black one in the show room...drooollll......

13. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

B.S. I am pleasantly surprised at how many Canadian Challengers pass my station daily. Current running mix is 2 or 3 LXs followed by a Challenger, so I'd guess around 250-300 a day and, as I said, I notice a couple Canadian cars every day. As a matter of fact we are working tomorrow, Saturday, to make a couple hundred more for everyone :p

14. longlivechrysler

longlivechrysler The Negative Optimist

Just became Challenger's "friend" on FaceBook, lol. But there I found this pic:

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-...636592_8716.jpg

...I need a bib.

Its kinda hard to find too many pics of a 2009 Challenger SRT in black with the silver stripes. This, I suppose, will be the car I look for when I win the lottery.

Wait, nevermind, I got it.

http://www.cars.com/go/features/autoshows/...mp;aff=national

Its the 2008 in the pic, that's why.

15. MoparJoe

16. alexkosterman

All 7 of the 9 that are sold, sold for 12k over sticker. what a raping!!!!

17. Mike V.

That's not rape... local dealer here wants $90k. Will not budge.

Mike

18. alexkosterman

well, probably first one on site to drive one, # 1600 of 6400, orange. IT WAS SWEET!!!!!
    came off the carrier at 10 am, got shipped to texas at 4pm (we are in SE WI!) sold for 52600. the plastic around the grill was alittle cheezy and the spoiler looks like its cheap but its solid. Drove it to the local Ford dealership and stirred up some attention. All in all, a great car, cant wait till the affordible ones show up this fall.

19. chemtech

chemtech Member

I saw one at a dealer in Dover DE yesterday. It looks like pretty good. It would be a lot better if all the body gaps were even :( . The tail lights were not lined up with each other either. :blink: Once they get these things taken care of it will look great.

20. MoparJoe