AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 208 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Locomotion

Locomotion Active Member

2. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

3. allhemi

allhemi Active Member

I sure hope they get some good photos out of those cars!

4. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Love the paint/graphics on the car in the far lane. So many of the old-school Mopar looks work really well on this car. I can't wait to get one.

5. o_swas

Level III Supporter

My dad has a 2009 SRT-8 in Hemi Orange on order. The dealer says that it will be delivered sometime in August, which I don't quite believe. Can somebody at Brampton (or somebody else who's in the know) answer these questions please?

1. Have all 6400 2008's been built yet?

2. Is #1 is "yes," is the plant shutdown for model changeover yet? If not, when it is scheduled to happen?

3. Do we know the 2009 production schedule yet? Other posts have said SE's will be built first. Do we know when the 2009 SRT-8's will start production?

4. I thought we were talking a few months ago that 2009 6.1 Hemis would have MDS, but I have seen no other mention of it. Was this a false rumor or what happened with that?

5. Any changes between 2008 and 2009 SRT-8's worth noting? I know my early 2005 Magnum RT had a few minor differences compared to some of the later 2005's.

Thank you!!!

-Ryan

6. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

I am not a factory worker but I have tried to keep up with information, since I ordered an SRT on May 16. Hope this helps:

1. Have all 6400 2008's been built yet?

All 2008s were supposed to have been bulit before the factory shut down for 2 weeks this month.

2. Is #1 is "yes," is the plant shutdown for model changeover yet? If not, when it is scheduled to happen?

When the factory reopens, it will start producing 2009s. Some R/T orders are already in D status with VINs.

3. Do we know the 2009 production schedule yet? Other posts have said SE's will be built first. Do we know when the 2009 SRT-8's will start production?

I am unaware of any set production schedule.

4. I thought we were talking a few months ago that 2009 6.1 Hemis would have MDS, but I have seen no other mention of it. Was this a false rumor or what happened with that?

Only the 5.7 has MDS. However, the fuel economy was slighly improved on the 2009 6.1 SRTs (both auto and stick). As a result, the gas guzzler tax was reduced from $2,100 to $1,700.

5. Any changes between 2008 and 2009 SRT-8's worth noting? I know my early 2005 Magnum RT had a few minor differences compared to some of the later 2005's.

The gas guzzler tax was reduced.
    The base price went up $2,000.
    The 2009 has a limited slip differential.
    The 2009 has an option for a Tremec TR6060 6-speed manual trans.
    The carbon-fiber hood stripe was replaced with a matte-finish stripe.
    The 2009s do not have numbered dash plates.

7. BrewSwillis

BrewSwillis Active Member

8. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR

9. nitroram33

nitroram33 Well-Known Member

Actually, it's a really big T/A hood :lol:

10. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

You can buy the accessories from local dealers or order them on-line (cheaper) at: www.moparsupercenter.com.

11. james.mooney.

james.mooney. The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"

12. allhemi

allhemi Active Member

I have the blue one as my wallpaper!! I sure am glad to see dodge building cars like this!!

13. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR

Yes, but no one has any Challenger accessories or pricing listed that I have found. I was wondering if anyone knew when Mopar was going to make them available. I guess I'm just being impatient.

14. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that 09 SRT will not be made until 1/09. This may be wrong but that is what I have read. SE and R/T will be made beginning 8/08.

15. Locomotion

Locomotion Active Member

Well, it's just "my" opinion, but that is the ugliest Mopar factory scoop I've every seen! :eek: It's not even like a Challenger T/A scoop. The prototype race car did remind me a bit of an enlarged T/A scoop without the divider. The aluminum T/A hood "accessory" is really nice, a worthy replica and I hoped something like that would be used. But, in all fairness, it wouldn't surprise me if that is the most efficient/effective design the engineers could come up with!

Aside from that, they look great and I can't wait to see more details about them. It will be interesting to see what kind of paint schemes racers will come up with. I wish I could afford one. :(

16. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Perhaps you should wait and see what they look like in person.

17. Locomotion

Locomotion Active Member

With all the photos that have come out, I figured I had a pretty good perspective of the appearance of the scoop. But I agree that seeing some things in-person can change the perspective. Overall, I do love the car and can't wait to know more, particularly the mechanics of it! Hopefully they'll have one at the PRI show in Orlando, FL.

18. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

The design of the hood is closer to a 69 1/2 440-6 RR with lift off hood. Check them out....

19. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

That is wrong. I ordered a 2009 SRT on May 16, and my dealer has advised me that it will be covered by his August SRT allocation (I am #3 on the list). My car should be completed in October.

20. nitroram33

nitroram33 Well-Known Member

It's a bit of a cross between the two really lol, the A12 cars scoop didn't have as much of an overhang as the SS Chally does, but the T/A's scoop opening isn't quite as big as the SS car either. It appears to be a modern combination of the T/A, A12, and the original SS A-body cars (size of the opening)...
    T/A
    [​IMG]
    A12
    [​IMG]
    SS Barracuda
    [​IMG]
    SS Challenger
    [​IMG]