AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 211 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

anyone see this video?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldz-Gqlre6I

it looks like a dodge spokesperson claiming the challenger r/t to do a 0-60 in 5.5 sec and 1/4 mile in 14 flat.

do any of you think they may be underrating it a little? the mustang gt STOCK can do better than that!

2. DGdaPilot

DGdaPilot Active Member

No it can't. Those numbers are straight up with a stock GT. A new Bullet will run a little quicker. Charger RT R/Ts and Daytonas will hang with a stock GT, let alone the new Challenger with the new Hemi.

3. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

my post may have come off sounding like i'm trying to start a mustang/challenger war, but i'm not.

i believe dodge is giving very conservative numbers at the moment, glad to see someone agree with me.

4. DGdaPilot

DGdaPilot Active Member

Gotchya. Cheers!

5. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

Here are some new rumors about the 2009 Challenger R/T that were posted on another forum:

A prop rod will hold up the hood- not hydraulic lifts like an SRT8.

The R/T emblem on the trunk spoiler will be eliminated for production.

No 6-speed cars will be built until August 24.

The rear-end (differential) will be changed due to a bearing redesign.

The front of the car will be redesigned to get more fresh air under the hood.

A new 1970s-style R/T side stripe will be offered.

A “get-in-the-back” lever will be added to the driver’s side seat.

A support will be added to the inside of the rear bumper for rigidity.

6. fast98dodge

fast98dodge Totally Spent
    Level 2 Supporter

7. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

8. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

9. the cp

the cp Active Member

quote from the link posted by 2007HemiCuda

bold added by me... :huh:

10. imtooparanoid

Hi everyone,

I'm really not up to speed on everything that you guys already know about so stop me if you've heard any of this before.

*I was parked next to a Challenger T/A test mule the other day. The engineer told me that it would be offered as a package.

*I was told today that the Challenger 'vert was going into production next year as a 2010. Two words....retractable hardtop.

*I was also told that the 300 reskin was being moved up to 2010 (instead of 2011).

*Someone said the "C" word the other day (it was 'cuda....not the other one). I'm still trying to get confirmation on that so take it with a grain of salt for now.

I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

11. fast98dodge

Level 2 Supporter

If the T/A is a stripped SRT, sign me up!!! Heck, even if it's just an appearance package, I'd be really tempted!!!

Having said that, the idea of a retractable hardtop R/T 6 speed has me drooling as well!!!

12. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Dagnabit, I don't want a retractable hardtop that adds $6,000 to the price of the convertible (and 300 lb)! Cloth top is fine. Manual top is even fine, though I don't seriously expect that. But c'mon guys. It's a muscle car, not a Cadillac!

Re T/A, the rumor I heard a year-plus ago is (remember your SAT analogies): Challenger T/A:Challenger R/T::Charger Daytona:Charger R/T. Dunno if that's still the plan or not, but I haven't heard anything different in the meanwhile.

13. JohnRogers

I really have to believe all of our talk about the Challenger’s weight is not happening in a vacuum. I’m sure someone at Dodge is thinking about a Challenger diet weight loss plan.

14. eaglecars

eaglecars Well-Known Member

I'm also a "ragtop" fan, but understand the appeal of a retractable...maybe they'll manage to offer both like on the Sebring, who knows?

For the T/A...what if they simply tweaked the 5.7 HEMI up to the Ram's horsepower level of 390? Easy way to get a bit more horsepower, just like the Daytona had 350 vs. 340 for the R/T.

Why eliminate the R/T badge from the rear spoiler? Will it have an R/T badge at all on the rear? I believe the 1970 did (though it didn't have a spoiler).

Finally...I thought I heard about 0-60 times of 5.2 or 5.1 for the Mustang GT some time ago, probably in Motor Trend.

15. jstbrd

jstbrd Active Member

Add the brembos and cut the weight...maybe add a couple more horsepower and the T/A would be perfect!

16. JohnRogers

2009 R/T or SRT fence sitters the embargo ends at midnight!

17. hxcperformance

[​IMG]

www.hxcperformance.com

18. Ramtuff

Ramtuff Member

Ok, so it's after midnight...what now?

That looks great! I can't wait to see the completed car.

19. fast98dodge

Level 2 Supporter

20. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Wow, that's a content-free review.

I'd really like to see detailed driving impressions that talk about the real-world differences between the R/T and the SRT8 from someone who knows what they're talking about... I guess that's not Motor Trend, at least not yet.