Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

That is absolutely correct. It is the Tremec 6-speed. The same one that comes in the Dodge Viper.

Also, with the 6-speed, the SRT has two (louder) resonators replacing the "suitcase" muffler that is in the automatic version.

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The R/T is the same, the 6 speed looses the suitcase also, but the pipe size is smaller.

Mike

3. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

4. the cp

the cp Member

My father is a salesman at our local Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep and Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer (all one dealership, only new car dealer in town aside from the Caddy/Chevy/GMC/Pontiac/Buick dealer) He recently told me that a while back, they placed an order for a Hemi Orange 2008 SRT8. The buyer came to pick up said vehicle with a friend. He was driving a matching Hemi Orange SRT8 that he purchased a few hours away. He was driving back to his home in Canada, but was going to stop in Wisconsin to meet up with another friend who would be driving a third Hemi Orange SRT8 back for him.

He purchased one for himself, one for his wife, and one for his 19 year old daughter.

5. Locomotion

Locomotion Member

6. Ramtuff

Ramtuff Member

7. JohnRogers

As more and more reviews come in I'm really leaning SRT. It seems the auto R/T maybe lacking a bit, it maybe the equivalent of the 1970 383 R/T. Will the six-speed 2009 R/T be the 440 R/T of 1970? Is the auto SRT the 440 Six-Pak and the six-speed the HEMI of 1970? I know one can't make exact comparisons it is not 1970 anymore, any 2009 will out handle and brake the vintage but you know what I'm saying.

I've come to conclusions that even if it means less wine and eating more tuna the SRT must go in my garage.

8. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

My local dealer has half a dozen Challengers lined up in front out by the street. Each a different color. I still can't decide which color to order. The dealers around here order the S.E.s with the chrome wheels and bigger tires. Makes for a great looking ride for 23k.

9. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR
    Level 2 Supporter

I've seen some of the SE's on dealer lots here as well, but only 2 (both SRT's) actually on the street. Hopefully our love for this car carries down to sales of the SE's.

10. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

They won't be able to make enough of them. Heck, I've seen new Neons going for more then 23K and those weren't even SRT's

11. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Yeah, what i like is the SE's don't look like a base model car as apposed to the base 'stang that looks like a base model. I'd be happy with an SE for 23-24k.

12. JohnRogers

13. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

Just started making Hemi Orange Challengers today in both the R/T and SRT-8 and boy did we make alot of them, almost every other Chally was HO. We also are making a few manual 5.7's but none in Hemi Orange. The manuals are coming only a couple a day, 5-10 maybe, but good news is full production is probably not to far away B) !

14. alexkosterman

alexkosterman Member

we have sold all 4 of our se's for sticker all were 22.5 not bad, the blace R/T is still on the lot and our 9 SRTs are long gone

15. MoparJoe

Simple business plan. Build a BEAUTIFUL car instead of a turd, PRICE is well, and BINGO !

16. JohnRogers

17. MoparJoe

They should offer that colour. Maybe for 2010 ?

18. DGdaPilot

DGdaPilot Active Member

They call it Sublime in the article, but that isn't the same Sublime that was on the '07 Daytona.

19. Nick_Neon

Nick_Neon Member

Saw my first challenger over here today. It was red with black stripes on the bonnet. Did look big on our roads, was also surprised to see one so soon. Ill try and take a picture if i see it again.

20. JohnRogers