Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. fleshwound_NPG

SRT8 = 13.1 sec @ 108.4 mph

R/T = 13.6 sec @ 104.9 mph

About $10,000 for 5 tenths in the quarter....It's time to upgrade the 6.1

2. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

3. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

4. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Well since everybody seems to be into speculation the last few days an exercise.

We know 6400 2008 SRT Challengers are not rare. What does a GM world mean for the Challenger as a future collectible?

I’m still glass half full and looking forward to the Chrysler IPO in late 2010.

5. Igor

Igor Guest

6. feld0028

feld0028 New Member

THis merger news is making me absolutely sick, and I though it was bad enought the Challenger wasn't going to be made into the drop top. There may be a better section for this rant, I realise...

Imagine if the challenger was one year later to market, and like one year ago we were still waiting to just see one on the road? It might have been scraped stillborn.
    THe fact is, we did get this car, and it might have been for only 1 & 1/4 model years. That just made it F'ing priceless as a collectible.

Even if 30 years from now we have to refine our own gas in the backyard, this car will reign among the last muscle legends. The final hurrah of internal combustion. Supercharged SRT8's by Mr. Norm, Hurst and Saleen will be '68-'70 street hemi's of the past. Hopefully whoever ordered a Super Stock drag car already has a production #. Keep it straght after it's raced and you have a future '71 hemicuda convertible. Can't wait til those Drag cars hit ebay. Not to be unpatriotic, but if the Challenger is the last car brought to market out of Chrysler it is the brightest note that they have hit in at least 10 years. Basically since DaimlerAG started... Honestly the best since the '71 challenger in my mind! :ph34r: (ducks thrown objects) Everyone on allpar want to chip in and make an offer for the MOPAR division?

I've never owned a classic mopar, and the challenger will be my first because it DID make it to production, to give me the same chance another generation had in the late '60s. I'm not assuming Chrysler's going to be liquidated, but after reading some of these blogs I am mentally preparing for the worst. I can't imagine what the UAW guys with Chrysler must be thinking. My heart and prayers are with you and your families. Hopefully Chrysler, Challenger and the workers are there to stay. Hopefully we're worried over nothing...

7. JohnRogers

As a Chrysler fan I want to stay jazzed about future product, I was so excited to see Chrysler remove itself from DBAG. As for the Challenger I am grateful it got the green light. If Chrysler does evaporate the current Challenger will probably increase its collectability by being the book end of a great muscle car story.

Another subject, if you have been thinking about the Foose Challenger wheels check this link: http://www.mhtwheels.com/default.cfm?brand=234 they are a two piece wheel that look great with the trim ring. The tire on the black car is not tall enough IMO but I love the wheels.

8. Daytona Shopper

Daytona Shopper Active Member

Any conventional wisdom as to ordering a 2009 RT? I've read the Challengerblog.com and it seems like the people that ordered are not having much luck getting one. I'd like to buy one, but if there are supply problems I'd also like to know about this as well before putting any money down.

9. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR
    Level 2 Supporter

My dealer is telling me 60 - 90 days from order date, consistent with other customer orders he has had. He also said the factory is "focusing" on building manual trans orders for the time being, but take that FWIW. I should get my VON today since they are ordering it in their November allocation.

PR3, 27J, DEC, LMP, CED, ATL, AFC, TBC (Torred, 27J R/T package, 6 speed manual, HID headlights, light slate gray insert, sound group II, electronics convenience group, compact spare tire). I did not get the 20's and 3.92 rear; the 18's and 3.73 rear will be just fine. Most of the dealer stock I've seen come with the 20's so ordering seemed like the best way to go. I just hope the factory stays running long enough for this baby to be built.

If you don't put your money down, you can be sure that the one you want will have supply problems. If your dealer is reputable, you can negotiate a reasonable deal well under MSRP.

10. Daytona Shopper

Thanks- I've found the same thing as to the 20" wheels. I also want 18s and similar equipment to the car you ordered- Hemi Orange with the navigation radio & sunroof w/o HID or the sound group and I also want a spare tire LOL. I've been reading a lot of good info about Frederick Dodge in Ohio on another forum, and plan on checking with them.

I don't want to miss the boat on these in the event production stops for some reason.

11. PAMoparMan

Level 2 Supporter

If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the contact info of my dealer in Baltimore. Assuming you're in FL, you'll have to do all of the paperwork by mail, but I'd guess the guy in OH will be the same way.

12. JohnRogers

13. JohnRogers

14. Daytona Shopper

I question both. I think the audio heard at the end of the video "Awwww... he let off" says it all. BTW, 800' drag race? How about 1320'? :)

It would be nice to know the weight of the EV as compared to the Challenger.

What is the range with the radio on and AC running?

What do you do if there is no place to plug it in when you get where you're going? Walk to & from Home Depot for some extension cords? :)

15. JohnRogers

What car was this clown driving?
    http://www.aurorasentinel.com/articles/200...39204714912.txt

16. PAMoparMan

Level 2 Supporter

17. JohnRogers

18. JohnRogers

19. oharman

oharman Active Member

That was a pretty good video. I'm getting sick about hearing "how huge" the car is... Yes it's bigger than a mustang, but not as big as a truck as the guy in the video is saying. They have a Challenger SE next to a Mustang on the lot here at the military exchange an it's not that much bigger than a mustang in my opinion...

20. JohnRogers

Well it is B-Body size when nothing today having two doors is. I like having a full size muscle car.

From the gripes list.
    Woo-Hoo:
    What The Fudge?
    This is what auto writers are critiquing now?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/review...hallenger_N.htm