Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. seventycuda

seventycuda Member

Again, we each have our opinions and I respect yours but if you own a late model Challenger, find an early/original one (if you can) and park beside it. You'll see that the current offering falls far short of delivering the looks, stance and low height of the early one (and most consider the 'cuda to be more attractive than the Chal). The current Challenger WILL NEVER be even close to being as valuable as a 440 six pack or 426 Hemi Challenger, so don't think of these late models as an investment.

2. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Again opinions but you are way in the minority. E-Body fans have been given a car beyond what they thought was possible despite being B-Body size. Count the articles that say the exact opposite and you are alone. You are probably right about the investment issue but so much factors into that so it's your forecast.

Did Dave just give out a tasty bite? Many have questioned and predicted no second generation Challenger. Like Dave says...Share and Enjoy.

3. JohnRogers

4. JohnRogers

The Next Generation: I really like the following quotes because if the muscle car is going to live on it needs new blood for fans. Unfortunately a whole generation missed out and wound up in V8 pick up trucks or Import Tuner cars. Good news the pick up buyers are easy to convert, there are plenty of late model Mustangs and parts. The last GM F-bodies are getting into younger hands. There is a lot of doom out there but I believe the American Pony car has decades left in it.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20...8/YOURUPSTATE01

5. JohnRogers

Went for a Sunday drive I need to get that first 500 miles in. Although my poor six-speed skills are embarrassing. Here is the "giant bottle" outside Pops on Route 66 in Arcadia Oklahoma.
    [​IMG]

Vanishing Point 3: Back in Black
    [​IMG]

Cue J.J. Brick wacky FM morning DJ "our lone hero on the run from Stimulus Bills, Chinese lead toys, mortgage payments and Girl Scouts chasing him on bicycles trying to sell fattening tainted peanut butter cookies".
    [​IMG]

Doing 45 in 40mph zone, John Kowalski living dangerously but out running the brown-brown meanies on bicycles.
    [​IMG]

"drat, how did I miss that Route 77 north detour sign"? Girl Scouts behind him road block ahead, Kowalski considers punching it. Cue J.B. Pickers' Freedom of Expression.
    [​IMG]

Kowalski hears that voice, that voice he knows. The one that tells him to take out the trash, the one that says turn the television down, "forty thousand dollar car and you are not Barry Newman". Kowalski turns around better to run down the Girl Scouts.
    [​IMG]
    It ends badly for our lone hero, the detour causes him to be 12 minutes late for dinner...no sexy time tonight.

Vlad and Beaner recording the Vanishing Point 3 soundtrack.
    [​IMG]

6. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR
    Level 2 Supporter

Awesome ride, enjoy! Hopefully I'll be posting some pics in a couple weeks.

7. JohnRogers

Good luck and please post pics when you can, we need to share the love. AllPar is a lot of Gloom and Doom lately.

8. MOPWR2U

MOPWR2U Guest

9. MOPWR2U

MOPWR2U Guest

And here is a still picture of my baby, my pride and joy, the car I wanted my whole life.

[​IMG]

I haven't modded anything yet, and dont think it really needs any mods at all. I have a few changes in the works though; the wheels have been sent to CalChrome to be black chrome plated to improve the looks of the wheels a bit, and I've ordered a Magnaflow Competition Series cat back exhaust to improve the exhaust tone somewhat. Love the car.

You'll know its me if you see me on the highway, because my custom license plate is the same as my user name on the forum. Glad to be a member, and I'm sure I'll be talking to you'all in the future.

MOPWR2U

10. JohnRogers

Congratulations! Excellent color choice! Please post pics of the wheels when they are done.

11. Daytona Shopper

Daytona Shopper Active Member

Nice video. Anything in-car? What coolant and oil temps are you encountering at high speeds? Also, what was the ambient temp?

12. MOPWR2U

MOPWR2U Guest

Here are a few pictures with the black chrome plated wheels. I think it turned out great, with a mean and nasty look to it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. MOPWR2U

MOPWR2U Guest

No in car videos. I did not want a passenger concentrating on working a video camera instead of being strapped in. Ambient temp that day was about 45 degrees, with a fairly stiff wind that was coming from about a 45 degree angle to the left of dead ahead. So there was a fair amount of head wind. Coolant and oil temps were unchanged with the high speed run, as it was just long enough to reach top speed, and no longer. The thing that struck me the most was that the road that had looked and felt fairly smooth at 80 mph became very very rough at top speed, almost to the point of becoming airborne at times. Now I understand a little better why they put stiff suspension on performance cars. Everything comes up on you a whole lot faster than you are expecting when at that speed.

MOPWR2U

14. Daytona Shopper

Daytona Shopper Active Member

Thanks. I noticed my R/T will heat up under sustained acceleration (say enough to hit 3 digits for under a mile) around 10 degrees (peaks around 195 coolant and high 170's oil after the run). This is with the severe duty 2 radiator & 185 t-stat and external oil cooler w/ built in 160 degree t-stat in around 60-65 degree ambient. I'm sure these will be higher in the summer weather here.

15. JohnRogers

Officially Outed: Spring Special and Classic
    Dodge - 2009 Challenger - R/T Classic and SRT8

Really-really?

16. JohnRogers

Are we ready for the Challenger to evolve?
    http://www.nationalpost.com/cars/story.htm...1432628&p=1

The article is an interesting read beyond being a Camaro bravo review. Although I found it has errors which one could argue differences of opinion. It does pose an interesting question though. Should the Challenger go the Porsche 911 route? Are we ready for an all new Challenger? Many of us have seen the proposed 1975 cars. I want Challenger to evolve perhaps nothing radical since I believe the original design is almost timeless. I want this car to live beyond a five year cycle like it always deserved.
    What about you?

17. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

You need to stop by and show it off to me. :p

With all that's going on, I'm wondering how Jackson's going to handle this economy. They've been doing good by me, despite having to wipe drool off the Challengers.

18. JohnRogers

Jackson's? Jackson's of Enid?

19. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

Yeah, that's where I have been living since last June.

20. JohnRogers

Two AllPar members in Enid, who work on Vance and own Challengers? We should at least have our cars posed for photos.