Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

Would make for a nice photo for here, unfortunately, I have a 08 Avenger SE.

2. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

A little bit of good news for those who may have ordered R/T Challengers in the new blue with the stripe package. Saw 2 trucks loaded with them leaving the plant today, all blue. Hopefully will make some customers very happy in the coming days.

3. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

How do you like that "Baby Charger"? I think the AllPar crowd would like a photo anyway.

4. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

I'm loving it so far, had it for over a year. Despite "autoreviewers" claims that the engine is underpowered, I've never had a problem with the car.

5. JohnRogers

6. erhemi

erhemi Well-Known Member

I just got my 09 Challenger SE and I haven't stopped smiling all day. I can't take my eyes off it. It is the most beautiful car made in 25 years. I would have loved to get an SRT8 or an R/T but my budget wouldn't allow me. I used to have a 1970 Barracuda when I was 17 and sold it when I got married and the kids came along. I am so glad Chrysler built this car. Thanks Chrysler! I have been driving around all day listening to the hair band station on Sirius and feeling like I am 17 again.

7. JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo Enjoying the ride.
    Supporter

Excellent to hear!!! What color is it? I would love to have an RT. But realistically, a SE or SE Rallye will more than likely be what I will end up buying in the future.

8. erhemi

erhemi Well-Known Member

Thanks! It is Torred. Man I love this car! I have always regretted selling my Barracuda but now I feel alot better. I hope you get yours soon, you'll love it!

9. BobT

BobT Guest

No matter which model people get, It is a great looking and comfortable car. I was also lined up for a new well optioned SE , when all of a sudden the employee pricing came along and I luckily jumped on a fairly plain R/T Miles of smiles here . Great car.

10. JohnRogers

11. JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo Enjoying the ride.
    Supporter

Interesting. So it seems that the sales are not where they originally targeted. Although where I work, the Challenger dosen't seem to elicit that much interest from the under 30 set.

12. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

13. JohnRogers

Anybody see the latest Dodge commercial? Starts with animation of scribbling in a note book like you did in school. It features the Challenger the word Challenger actually spoken! Somebody find a link, I've been trying, this one is good!

14. JohnRogers

So this Droptop Revenge: much to like but the Raisin Bran hood with Shaker...blech. :thumbsdown:

15. Alphie

Alphie Guest

Everyone is going to pick on something right? I want a Mopar Hood with the fake air intake - I can't get one for more than 8 months now!

I bet that Drop Top Revenge is Sweet Revenge and is BA under the hood and on the street! I will give you what you say about the shaker because it is your opinion. My opinon - I like EVERYTHING and I bet there is a ton of money into putting those photos together!!! Someone else will pick on the color, another will pick on the tires, still another guy will spit on the artwork. It sounds like this guy that got hurt and his brother put a ton of injury related down time and big cash into building a dream car. I am simply proud it was a Challenger and not some tuner toy or a european sedan!

Not picking on or poking at you, but that Raisin Bran hood is from the factory from what I can tell and that shaker appears to be Mopar approved and a remake of 1970 or 1971 if my memory is on the ball ~~~~I SAY IT IS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE WENT ALL OUT ON THE NEW CHALLENGER. THIS IS DIFFERENT, IT HIT ME LIKE I WAS SEEING A NEW MATCHBOX CAR OR SOMETHING THAT IS COLLECTIBLE. LETS MAKE THE FACTORY GET GOING ON A REVENGE CAR FOR EVERYONE AND SAVE THIS COUNTRY THROUGH MOMMA MOPAR - NICE JOB TO THE BUILDER AND THE GUYS THAT PUT THIS RIDE ON THE TABLE, NICE JOB TO ALLPAR FOR FINDING THIS STORY AND PUTTING IT HERE FIRST FOR ALL TO SEE.

16. JohnRogers

I was loving it till I saw the Raisin Bran/Shaker combo. I'm still really impressed with the car and of course it is all a wonderful brother story.

IMO this is Shaker done right.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

I hope Dodge use Cervini's Shaker as a supplier for their 6.4L model.

18. The Manager

The Manager Guest

Bill here....from Project N96: Drop Top Revenge.

All comments are welcome and appreciated....it keeps the perspective fresh and new ideas always come from the positive feedback
    of those around it.

If it was not for the difference in opinions...nothing would change as no one would strive to make more people happy...SO THANK YOU!

Now...I work at one of the dealer's who made the grade and stayed in business...for me, it was a no brainer....do the Challenger! Now,
    let's say you had the designer seat...you get to make the choices of what stays and what goes...what would you add or change to make this
    YOUR DREAM CAR!

My brother has his....what does YOUR Challenger look like when it leaves the factory family behind? C'mon...lay it out for me!

19. Mags44

Mags44 Guest

Ok i have seen the Green car dodge did around the net. Their concept for the ragtop, and i will tell you. the green was way to much the rims did not look good on that car at all and over all hated the look, BUT now that i see this car you are speaking of OMG DONT change a thing, the color, the side stripe, the rims and the seats all make that car look perfect!!!

20. Mags44

Mags44 Guest

WELL Said, this car regardless of the story behind why, was done perfect, Heck if you saw the concept car done . ummcs mm wow wait, where did that car go, um oh thats thats right the reviews sucked, the color over powered and the pictures sucked!! This car is one of the best i have seen in a long time I think that guys that put this car together form the thought to the reality did one of the best cars i have seen in a very long time, but then again, everyone even the hater of the shaker has a right to thier oppionion, but Mine stands that this car from the color, the rims, the seats, the side stripes, the pictures and the finished product... hit the nail so square on the head it went in on one hit. Hope to see them do some more and now that you said match box car.. oh man that would make a great one to my collection i have!!!!