Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Alphie

Alphie Guest

Mags 44? What kind of wheels are they? I have never heard of those.

2. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Foose Challenger wheels. I think Alphie really likes the car, LOL.

Sorry if I’m reading too much between the lines. I did not want to convey a message that I didn’t like the car or not recognize the quality work that went into it. I did state first there was much about the car to admire, in a bit of hurry I did concentrate on the one thing that really bugged me. Because it was the only thing I didn’t like, the Shaker/Raisin Bran combo kind of stood out. My intention was to get a discussion going, one I am enjoying like the piece about the car on the AllPar homepage.

Skipping some of the obvious stuff, I liked the halo lights, the Revenge script in the stripe and on the grill it is very cool looking and appears like a factory option package might. Many around here know I’m a big fan of the Foose Challenger Wheels. I’d like to see pics of the shifter.

As for my ride I lean toward the stock look or what might be a factory look. I went black SRT8 with stripe delete, I currently have the SS Inserts rear bumper accents. Those will be gone as soon as I can find a vendor to do something better in chrome. I plan for a Shaker and the Foose Challenger Wheels perhaps in a 19 or 18 inch.

3. mdoaw12i

mdoaw12i Member

Dodge should partner with Foose and bring out a Foose edition Challenger.... Sales thru the roof

4. Alphie

Alphie Guest

Dodge Should Partner with the Revenge Car Builder and bring us all that convertible~~~~Deep Water Blue looks like the best color match. Why do they say it is pearl?

5. The Manager

The Manager Guest

I would "guess" that it's a pearl because of the metal flake...small as it is...and the ability to play off the colors around it. It does have a change of look from different angles and different degrees of sunlight on the body parts.

6. Alphie

Alphie Guest

Hey MANAGER GUY - LET US SEE THE SHIFTER!! Will Revenge Be at the Nationals or SEMA?[​IMG]

7. JohnRogers

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2009/10/challenger-to-face-off-against-camaro-and-mustang-on-sunday
    Amazing this is not televised live, from searching looks like not televised at all. Sad.

8. PAMoparMan

PAMoparMan MoPaR oR No CaR
    Level 2 Supporter

Apparently the Challenger team never ran the event. According to http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/results.cfm?series=k&eid=887, they withdrew from the event.

9. JohnRogers

Dang, wonder why? I see the Camaro didn't do well either. So when is next season? I really know nothing about Grand Am, I'm only getting interested lately.

10. PAMoparMan

Level 2 Supporter

I don't know anything about it either. I searched the site for news a few days ago but didn't find anything. If I find any info on why they withdrew, I'll post a link.

Sunday was the end of the season. It will be interesting to see if the Challenger will be in the field next year.

11. JohnRogers

Here are more pics of the car, I want a full season of Challenger vs. Camaro vs. Mustang.
    http://itsracingtime.com/blackforest-dodge-challenger-is-back/

12. JohnRogers

More pics and background on the car.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/race_car/mopp_091012_blackforest_motorsports_2009_dodge_challenger/index.html

13. JohnRogers

Mustang and Camaro win the numbers but Challenger wins when It's All About Character
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/112_0911_2009_dodge_challenger_arrival/index.html

14. PAMoparMan

Level 2 Supporter

Sweet. At 4500 miles, I know how I still feel about mine. :wub: I'll be interested to read how their's holds up.

15. JohnRogers

This is a great read for us road trip guys, for us guys or gals who understand the freedom and peace of just hitting the road. Going no where in particular. Substitute California with Oklahoma, New Jersey or where ever you live. It speaks to me and has nothing to do with Camaro or Mustang's power numbers.
    http://www.motortrend.com/features/travel/112_1001_2000_miles_in_a_dodge_challenger/index.html

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. JohnRogers

I know many of us decry the lack of Challenger advertising but in the new issue of Motor Trend:Classic the inside cover had a two page Challenger ad. Sharp.

17. FThorn

FThorn Active Member

I've seen a local black on black Challenger ... I drool so much.
    If I could, I would.

Jethro likes this.
  18. JohnRogers

Somebody Thinks Advertising Challenger is a Good Idea

A commercial/video runs at the bottom of the page.
    http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/30387-1271125510-dodge-challenger-ny-buyers-have-something-to-gain-at-east-hills-dodge.html

19. 09challanger

09challanger Guest

I've waited since 06. For a competitive horse power ( super charged ) srt. 475 - 480 is great if your going up against anything else , but the camero , or mustang. especially with the weight difference. Not enough bang for the BUCK. If you send the car to Mr Norm's you can get 525 hp at the rear wheels. And 7k. It's great but no warranty !! that stinks.. Ive defected to the dark side. I bought a 2011 shelby gt-500. 550 hp. supercharged. brimbo brakes, Snyc nav system. Turns like its on rails. Any corner so far 40 - 55 mph. no sway , no tilt. truely awsome. What ever you do don't take off the traction control. It turns into an atomic bomb. Sheer explosion . motor guaranteed for life if the dealer does all the work. ( p m ) DAAAAAA that's a no brainier. That was the big difference in direction I went. Been a MOPAR man all my life until now. 128 vehicles total, 75- Mopars. .My friend has an 08 w/ 11k worth of improvements. No supercharger. Took him for a ride the other day, He was breath less, and the car did a lot of spinning. He races his 08 chally. his best is 12:43 et. w/slicks. My et stock is faster w/the air on and stock tires. Mopar needs to step up the the plate and supercharge that 392 if they don't want to keep getting their butts kicked on the streets or strip. Sorry Mopar just couldn't wait any longer. This is one sad want to be challenger owner. The kicker is that at 57mph w/air on I get 31 - 32 mph. at 75-77mph going to the Woodward ave dream cruse , w/3people , air on i got 27 mph. Mopar can't come close to that.
    I was so impressed w/the shelby that I just purchased a new 2011 Lincoln MKX f/my wife. Awsome dash, ride, super-quiet great mpg. 19 city / 27highway mpg.

Jethro likes this.
  20. 09challanger

09challanger Guest

Dodge should use ( BRUCE SPRINGSTEENS Song ---( BORN IN THE U S A ) The Song say's it all, With the hemi guy's doing their normal goofy antics. They should use it befor the compitition uses it.