AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 57 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. IMPERIAL4EVER

IMPERIAL4EVER Member

Notice those 4 window switches on the driver's side armrest. Those rear quarter windows go down. I cannot believe this is a true 2 door pillarless HARDTOP!!! Talk about popping trough a 36 year time warp.

Your thoughts Bob??

2. allhemi

allhemi Active Member

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I understand there are embargoed images and a real press release going around...I didn't get them ....!

By the way, maybe the opera window could make a comeback...

4. Hersbird

Hersbird Active Member

That's OK Dave, nothing proves the point more then a good edit of original text by the Man! LOL!

5. mustbbryan

mustbbryan Guest

Sorry it took so long. Here's some new pics you may not have seen from the February Road & Track. View attachment 516

6. MoparMantis

MoparMantis Well-Known Member

I love the top picture, even if it is just a cold motor running. The Challenger brake calipers are also cool.

7. hemi_magnum

hemi_magnum Well-Known Member

197.8 inches long? wow, thats bigger than a 300.

overall, i am sooo in love with this car; the gauges look awesome, and i love everything about it...lets hope "the stars align...quickly."

8. duster92

duster92 Well-Known Member

It amazes me how they could say this car has a six speed automatic when there are three obvious pedals on the floor of one of those pictures. They are also saying this is the R/T version with a 6.1. I wonder what the SRT version will be like.

9. Gibons

Gibons Member

I figured it'd be longer overall its got way more overhang then the 300 does.

10. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

Man, the more I see of this car, the more I cannot wait to hear that it has been greenlighted. I sure hope the SRT-8 spoiler fits on one, or that they offer a T/A style lip and chin spoiler.

11. Wolven

Wolven Guest

I like the CD\Radio cluster at the front of the center console. In addition to the three pedals, the pistol grip shifter certainly doesn't look like it's an automatic shifter.

What sort of suspension do the LX's use in front? Coil spring I'm guessing?

The engine bay looks neat and uncluttered.

Why different size tires\wheels front and rear?

12. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Thanks, I really needed that...awesome.

A small part of me died when I read that?but I don?t need it right now 2008 will be just fine. Should I buy or lease in the interim?

13. Wolven

Wolven Guest

If this is the car you want, buy something used and cheap. That way you won't lose any money that could be "better" spent when the Challenger becomes available.

14. wowman

wowman Guest

The rear end is verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice! (at least on the photograph....)
    Yes, I like its looks!
    Yes, I'd appreciate if they'd build it!
    No, I still don't like the Ford virus - I'd prefer a modern Challenger to a copied (transferred, adapted...) design from 197*

Apart from that: presumed the Challenger will be sold in the same price league as the Mustang, I could get a good looking, quick, modern car at a reasonable price, even over here in Europe......and by 2008 I might be able to afford it :-D

15. dartndodge

dartndodge Well-Known Member

That is one Sweet car, Love these new Road and Track photos.
    "You Boys is in a Heap a trouble"

16. JohnRogers

What is the deal with the speedometer? I keep looking and can't figure it out...I really dig these Road and Track pictures.

17. JohnRogers

Never looked at the gauge cluster...never looked inside one. I did a Google search...GPS in the Challenger speedo? Hmmm interesting.

18. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

The big dial on the left looks like a nav system. Middle two look like speedo and tach and the one on the right is a combination of four gauges, looks like. I'm sure Bob will howl at me for saying this because I'm not a professional dash designer and all, but that isn't a great arrangement -- main gauges are too small, having the nav on the left is awkward, and the clustered gauge on the right looks amazingly hard to read on the fly (shades of the later C4 Vettes here) -- and I suspect it'll be a royal pain to live with if you want to drive the thing. The center console looks really nice.

19. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Why do they keep talking about a 6-speed automatic?

Maybe because in 2008/2009 there just might be a 6-speed automatic available? :huh:

20. BillP2R

BillP2R Guest

If so, this is a real disappointment.

I was looking forward to something smaller - more in keeping with the historic size difference between Challengers and Chargers.

Rather than being a modern Challenger, this would seem to be the two door Charger we wanted albiet with Challenger styling cues.

------------------------ Bill