AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 81 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. faterotong

faterotong Member

and where would that be?

2. CanadianJeepYJ

CanadianJeepYJ The NEW Chrysler's Armchair CEO

I think that DCX has learned their lessons with their lack of manuals. The new Caliber and Nitro both offer manuals. Lets hope the trend keeps up.

3. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Are you sure it wasn't modified? Are you sure it would meet federal standards?

4. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

I?m thinking by using the current Charger pricing for trim levels I should be able to estimate Challenger pricing with in about $500, right? Is there a flaw to my thinking?

A Challenger R/T with 350HP 5.7L HEMI w/MDS for $33,000 sounds good for me.

5. CrossbarGrille

What would the fuel mileage be with an MDS 5.7L? Ballpark.

6. Hiy1

Hiy1 Active Member

:( no

7. Mr.LH

Supporter

If the thing is an S0 as was stated previously, then the mechanical design is almost completely set. Whats left is tweaking trim and cosmetic features.

The only important part left is Tooling, Testing, and Certification.... in other words. THE EXPENSIVE PART.

8. JohnRogers

An interesting read although it kind of has a negative view of the New Pony Car Wars as a business decision. I believe there is a market for well executed Pony Cars, that if done right there are sedan and truck buyers who will buy a Pony Car.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/06/ford-must..._0207flint.html

9. BillP2R

BillP2R Guest

Perhaps that's why the Challenger concept is not a pony car, but a full size coupe.

----------------------------- Bill

10. mikelauw

mikelauw Guest

Does anyne know where the Challenger Concept is now? I was debating about going to the Philly Auto Show this coming weekend, but only if it is there. Typically we (Philly) only get concepts that are about 2-3 years old, so I'm not holding out much hope.

11. JamesG

JamesG New Member

You are out of luck, it is in Chicago.

12. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

Then as someone said inother forum, it's difficult to see where the car market will go in the future unless having some psychics powers like Professor X in the X-Men or a time machine. No one taught then the launch of the Edsel was during the "Eisenhower recession", if this recession had happened a bit later or the Edsel launched a bit sooner, things might be different.

And to avoid another gas crisis, the future Challenger might have an hidden ace like having a Bluetec diesel engine perfect to use biodiesel B20 (also some at GMInsidenewsforums and Chearsandgears forum also suggest a Camaro LS6 flex-fuel to use E85 fuel). In Europe Mercedes and Peugeot now have diesel engines in their sporty coupes CLK and 407 and VW study the possibility to bring a Golf GTI diesel.... and that's could be a wise move to bring a "greener" image to the pony-car market. Then Hyundai wants to be in the game, well sort of, with the next-gen RWD Tiburon. Hyundai might see a resurgence of the pony-car market as well.

13. mikelauw

mikelauw Guest

Thanks. I wasn't holding out much hope. Maybe they'll get around to showing it in Philly before the production version hits the streets.

14. JohnRogers

A couple of items, first will the Challenger likely be at the Atlanta show? How do I find out? I?m not flying to Atlanta if it is not there.

Secondly an E85 Ethanol General Motors story is one of the top items at Autoweek, the president is following up his State of the Union speech will ethanol talk today in New Hampshire. Is it likely by the time Challenger is produced it would have a flexible fuel HEMI cable of using ethanol? Does a V8 engine perform any differently using E85? The Challenger could make a flashy statement about renewable/less foreign dependant fuels.

15. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

Here the direct link to the Autoweek article
    http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...1024/LATESTNEWS (and some pics of the Avalanche flex-fuel http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/08/chicago...h-an-ethanol-b/ ) Ford also step in the ethanol corridor
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/08/ford-to...hanol-corridor/

16. duster92

duster92 Well-Known Member

Good article. However, I think DCX needs the Challenger to differentiate itself from foreign manufacters. I think it is a very good thing to emulate their production techniques. However, trying to be Toyota is the wrong thing to do. The goal is to develop one's own image and find one's place in the market. I really like what Dodge has done in this regard. Plus, the Challenger would occupy its own place in the market. Its a big coupe, not a Pony car. No American car manufacturer offers that.

However, money is the issue more than anything else. They may not be able to engineer a manual for the car that will meet regulations...and since everybody screamed so loud about the manual..the car may not be built. If they decide not to build it, they may as well make the Challenger dissappear. Don't continue to tease me by trucking the concept around for years like they did with the Charger.

17. CanadianJeepYJ

CanadianJeepYJ The NEW Chrysler's Armchair CEO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pic of the Challenger under the car

18. JohnRogers

:) Great pics! Something new we have not seen, cool.

Dan Jedlicka is an Auto Reporter for The Suntimes and probably others. He has written an article today about the concept cars at Chicago of course Challenger got good mention but how do you make this mistake?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/autoshow/ca...-concept09.html

19. the cp

the cp Active Member

your copied segment seems to be the only reference too the 'cuda in that article.....

perhaps the author had a mental lapse?

20. JohnRogers

:blink: Whuuhh-uhhh-whoa! :blink:

Found this during my daily Challenger news seach...right here at AllPar.
    http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

Tis true? Really now...so what is said price of this beast?