AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 94 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. mastrdrver

mastrdrver Active Member

Anyone heard the rumor of the Challenger being built on the same line as the new Pacifica?

2. BillP2R

BillP2R Guest

Which plant?

--------------- Bill

3. DCAutoWorker

DCAutoWorker Well-Known Member

4. the cp

the cp Active Member

that would be nice :D

missouri has no taxes on vehicles manufactured in state... so if the challenger were to be built in St. Louis, i'd love it even more

5. eaglecars

eaglecars Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind Challenger being priced above the Mustang, but I hope it is not too much.

Why not have a V6 Challenger? A 4.0L Challenger should still be able to scoot, as long as it isn't too insanely heavy and the tranny is right. The base mustang has how much (little) power?

6. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

7. MarineViper

MarineViper Moderator

$40,000 dollars, 4 doors, or 4.0l V6?

8. Dooten

Dooten Member

You forgot 4 wheels! :lol:

9. CrossbarGrille

Four seats in the convertible.

10. IMPERIAL4EVER

IMPERIAL4EVER Member

I am sure that will have various trim-level Chargers from base V6 models all the way up to the SRT version.

11. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Base Mustang 4.0 is around 210hp. Various car mag. road tests report 0-60 in 7 secs. w/auto trans.
    I rented one for a week. Felt pretty quick and averaged over 22mpg city driving for the week. The auto shifter is kinda clumsy. If it had the "Auto-stick" feature it would be a fun car to drive.
    Quicker than a 3.5 300/Charger.

12. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

This should be a mass market car not a rich boys toy. My feelings of elation are slowly turning to disappointment and eventually will turn to disgust if they pursue this course of action. We don't need to turn the Dodge showroom into an auction house.

What I don't get is the Challenger is basically a reskinned Charger with the same foundations and same engine options. Yet they make the Charger a mass market vehicle and curse the Challenger - the best looking car they've created in 35 years - to the scrap heap by boutiquing it.

I can't believe they're even considering this. The price of gas should NOT factor into the equation since all their cars have SRT equivalents. If they're so concerned about $5 a gallon they should slash their V8s across the line - or offer a V6 option in the Challenger which makes much more sense (and is exactly what everyone has been arguing for).

Do they think every person who's wandered by the Dodge booth to ogle the car is an "enthusiast" or "collector"?? Get real. Probably 90% are working stiffs with mortgages and kids out for a weekend of fun.

And yes I already emailed them. If you value this car and want to see one in your garage for anything resembling a reasonable price you'd better do it to. Otherwise you'll be bidding for one against some very well heeled individuals.

http://www-5.dodge.com/wccsapp/universal/D...null&category=N

I made sure to tell them the Camaro and Mustang would be next on my list if they price the Challenger like all other limted models were priced in the past.

13. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

Engine/Tranny options(ie. V6/Auto, V6/Manual, V8/Auto, 6.1/Manual) ? :huh:

14. WheatKing

WheatKing Member

350hp turbocharged 4 banger.. 30mpg :) :p

15. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

How about an SXT level v6 model and a Hemi R/T model in the same price range as the equivilent Chargers? I'd pay that for the Challenger. A little higher priced than a Mustang but, you get a bigger car and much better drive train. The Mustang is still a kids car mainly. I see the Challenger selling to an older (wealthier) crowd, maybe cutting into vette sales.

16. BRANDM

BRANDM Well-Known Member

I don't see a problem with having V-8 only and a couple of models to start off with. I think the majority of sales would be V-8. Making start up assembly simple would sure help quality. After start up and good build I would then expect more model and engine differintation.

17. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

If DCX is going for sales volume a start with a V6 would make sence because a high output engine will amplify any initial production issues. Limited production of an SRT8 Challenger will give MOPAR people bragging rights while
    limiting the bad vibe situation. Waiting 35 years for sporty hard top has me impatient. Going for better fuel economy can't hurt the fleet average.

18. mastrdrver

mastrdrver Active Member

I can't remember if it was offically said whether or not the Challenger would get a manual or not, but found this and thought I'd see what others had to say about it. Found it over on the LXfourms.com, its the 10th post.

19. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

A Challenger 4-door sedan!!! For God's sake, there are hundreds of sedans out there, don't kill the one good design to come out of the company in years!!!!!!!