AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 96 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Take the wagon and make it a pickup bed instead of a wagon.

The new El Camino!

2. revpimp300

revpimp300 New Member

That would be sweet, Dodge needs to do an Elco! No better starting place than w/ the Challenger...

3. faterotong

faterotong Member

is it just me or is it that I can't right click the image of the chops?

BTW, the Sedan looks amazing. The wagon I have a hard time imagining it to be useful...The Magnum already sacrifices a lot of space with the sloping rear roof and I don't think the chop looks big enough to have a useful boot. haha JMO.

Amazing chops though, you've got skillllllllz. haha

4. longlivechrysler

longlivechrysler The Negative Optimist

Nice! I was just wondering where all our photoshoppers got to... Granted, I'd rather we not give DCX any more wagon or sedan ideas... However, the sedan is beautiful (as well as the wagon) and would make the Challenger's production a little more affordable, would it not?

Also, the sedan's wheelbase would be somewhere around the Challenger's (notice how I'm not calling it a coupe or two door. Because that's a given.) 116 wheelbase. The Chrysler Airflite Concept's wheelbase was 116 also... I really want an Airflite, regardless of how much styling was borrowed for the Sebring.

5. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

im still around, and chopping for that matter ... check out the link in my sig :)

6. CanadianJeepYJ

CanadianJeepYJ The NEW Chrysler's Armchair CEO

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/05/15/100-000-camaros-a-year/

Bob Lutz, the product czar over at General Motors, says that the Chevy Camaro will be so smokin' that 100,000 coupes will fly off dealership lots each year.

The 100,000 mark might seem a little high, but it's not unattainable by any means -- the Ford Mustang sold 160,975 units last year and the Camaro itself hit the 200,000 mark in its heyday.

7. Wolven

Wolven Guest

If they don't screw it up (limited availability, rapacious pricing, etc.), I believe they'll do 100,000 easy.

8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

[​IMG]

All I can say, is it looks even better at night. There is no ugly thing about this car. I can't wait to see this things cruise the main drags of towns everywhere, w/ kids in their late model Mustangs, Trans Ams, Camaros, and GTOs... trying to take there best shot at the Challenger.

redriderbob

9. CrossbarGrille

Eh, unless it has the 392, they might have more than "a shot" at it.

10. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

I agree if they did do a 4 door it would certainly put more of us family guys in the market than say a 2 door , though I do understand both sides of the argument . The 4 door actually looks like it belongs the way you did it . It looks a lot better than the Charger ...... I am so tired of that same front end DC seems to put on everything magnum , dakota, durango , that same squared front end has gotten tiresome . I can't say they have any vehicles that I would runn right out and buy right now , they ruined the durango and dakota though the redesigned durango is somewhat better . And from the limited photos we have seen so far it looks like they are going to screw up the minivans too but I will reserve judgement on that until we get uncovered photos.

11. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Ooooo, that is NICE. Put me down for one. When DCX takes down that billboard.

12. DGdaPilot

DGdaPilot Active Member

Lemme get this straight: people were having anuerisms when they found out that the Charger was a 4 door, but now people are saying they'd be cool with a Challenger 4 door? Puhlease...

13. MoparMantis

MoparMantis Well-Known Member

I think they hurt the Crossfire when they went from concept to production as well.

14. Gibons

Gibons Member

What hurt the crossfire was its price tag. Its priced almost with the vette, and is more comparable to a Miata or Solstice I'm sorry but why would you buy one? just to be differant?

15. geraldg

Ad-Free Member

I was a family guy and never had problems with a 2 door car, I don't understand this 4 door mentality,are you people getting lazy because it takes a little effort with a 2 door,as a matter of fact I always considered the 2 door safer no doors in the back for the kids to open, but I guess it must be a problem to actually go thru some effort to put your kids in, ahh techology it makes us lazy. :blink:

16. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

Somone Has Way Too Much Time On Thier Hands!

Scrap the 2-Door With 2-Fire Escapes Idea (A Four Door)

Darn Get Over IT!

Really!!!!!!!!

THE "REAL" MAD DUCK ! :rolleyes:

17. KerrymanMopar

KerrymanMopar Allparian Ambassador

Personally, I think it's fun to talk about a 4 door version of the Challenger but I for one hope it never happens. The Challenger is their answer to the need for a coupe in the lineup and shouldn't be messed with.

As far as the whole family 2 door vs. 4 door thing, are you saying having 4 doors is an advancement of technology? Hardly. From a safety standpoint the 4 door must be dramatically safer than a 2 door since you can actually get your kids out faster in an emergency. They make child safety locks on 4 doors for a reason. Kids stay in, Parents can get them out.

18. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Not only that, but those who have fiddled with a LATCH child seat will appreciate the four door... they're also helpful for getting big things into the back. Nope, I'm never going back to two doors.

19. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

From the Edmunds article every one is drooling over is the most interesting quote.

When will we know...

20. Wolven

Wolven Guest

They will finally nail down all those "fundamentals" about six months after the new Camaro hits the streets and is selling like hotcakes... :)