AF: Dodge Dart leaving........... | Page 27 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Dart leaving...........

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Robert Johnson

My PT 2.4T shakes at idle, not a lot but one can feel it. Mine has more induction honk because of the CAI but I was surprised at the induction noise of the 2.0.

2. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Yup, nothing wrong with that car. Maybe if FCA advertised it with "free rubber floor mats" or "wipers for life" like the imports advertise and people find so much value in, they may sell more Darts?
    The car rags have shi**ed it up so much, and from day one, damage isn't reversable now. Since it's going away now, they'll feel like FCA has finally figured out how to make a car and find it acceptable and all kinds of other glorious BS. Look at what you get with that car at some of the most affordable pricing available. Enough said. Maybe a couple of free bottles of Mopar bug wash will sway their decision? :rolleyes:

Ian likes this.
  3. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Funny enough, when I first started car shopping a couple of months ago my coworker had recently bought a new Hyundai Elantra. He actually started telling me about the Dart and how he nearly bought one. The only reason he bought the Elantra is because a dealer had a previous year model hanging around that they hadn't sold and he got a wicked deal on it. He said that if he hadn't gotten that deal he probably would have bought a Dart. He told me he shopped around and drove almost every make in the compact segment and the Dart really surprised him. He said it was a great little car. This is a guy who isn't an enthusiast or a Mopar loyalist (previous car he had was a 90's Corolla). He felt the need to tell me about the Dart almost to encourage me to buy one.

4. PCRMike

PCRMike Well-Known Member

This owner of a 2.0 Limited for the last 60K awesome miles is happy. I would ALMOST go get a new one before they are gone.

5. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Dart was set between compact and midsized a tough spot to be in. I think that the Dart would still be around if it competed with Avenger rather than having an expensive platform that it now has. From I see on the road around here people are more price concious than most beleive. I would have not purchased a Dart be because it is only equipped with a 4 cylinder.

6. cgseller

cgseller Well-Known Member

Ian likes this.
  7. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

2013 2.0 Limited with 70K here :) I do wonder how much different the experience is with the 2.4 and the Dart. I'm tempted to drive one to see how much better the 2.4 is over the 2.0. I just got new tires for mine this week and am so happy driving it. Man new tires make a difference.

8. PCRMike

PCRMike Well-Known Member

Mine needs tires. Next month...

9. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Well-Known Member

May I ask a question about the Dart and the 200?
    What will become of all the underpinnings, etc for these cars?
    Is possible to use the existing structure(frame,suspension) and just redo the design of the body? Is that possible or is the Dart and the 200 just a complete waste of money and an exercise in design futility, and will be tossed out like yesterdays trash?
    Thanks

10. Powdered Toast Man

The same architecture is also used on the Cherokee. Also the 200 is not dead.

11. Powdered Toast Man

I can't remember where it was talked about but someone was asking about the "apps" feature on the 200. I said the 200 doesn't have it but that may have been incorrect. The Apps function (and UConnect Access) on the 8.4AN system is only available on vehicles purchased in the USA. So since I'm in Canada we do not get those features. Thanks, FCA!

dmcdonald likes this.
  12. cgseller

cgseller Well-Known Member

Are you use it is a Chrysler issue and not a Provincial or Canadian regulation?

13. Powdered Toast Man

All I know is I've been looking at the UConnect owners site and it appears none of the FCA vehicles in Canada have this functionality. Could be due to the CRTC but I suspect it may have to do with Canadian Telecoms (as it is dependent on your cell provider).

14. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

post of the year!!!

tlc, djsamuel, suzq044 and 1 other person like this.
  15. aspenandenclave12

aspenandenclave12 Active Member

Make a sequel to this!

djsamuel, suzq044 and james.mooney. like this.
  16. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Let's not :)

Mike

james.mooney. likes this.
  17. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

The main problem of the puzzle that was missing....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

to battle the...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mallard, somber and Ryan like this.
  18. XRT2SRT

I would reenter the market with a standard 6sp auto on the two lower trims w/9sp auto optional but standard on LIMITED, GT and R/T-Turbo). Standard 9sp auto on SRT (DDCT 6sp opt) both with AWD.

19. XRT2SRT

Which is why I try to negotiate myself into fresh arrivals into the fleet....

#539 XRT2SRT, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  20. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter