NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Demon hints...

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Jan 12, 2017.

1. srm3500

srm3500 Member

How about this,

2576cc with 3.9 extra psi = Hellcat torque (650) +221 = 871ft-lb (Demon) and Hellcat HP (707) + 405 = 1112 (Demon)?:eek::D

then 757 as the lowest HP, next 815 and the race fuel only number of 1112 (I was hoping it would match the VIN number but it's still higher at 1121........).

2. Mopar392

Mopar392 Active Member

750hp +25 - 10

3. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Present Hellcat, Future Demon Owner. MOPAR Level III Supporter

@150mph

MoparDanno likes this.
  4. Bruce Wayne

IMG_0893.jpg

When this car is revealed, it will demand respect. I really hope with all my heart the power figures I'm hearing prove correct.

Hellcatbroughtmehere and wilbur like this.
  5. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Member

Speculating about HP and torque numbers is fun but personally I don't care what the power level is as long as the ET is there. Dodge's engineers have clearly reduced ET by added air flow; the sit and squat suspension; the revised launch related programming and tech; stickier tires, strengthened drive line components and weight reduction. Those changes alone would make the car significantly quicker in the quarter than the stock Hellcat. So it would not surprise me at all if the numbers are not as high as some of those bandied about on the net.

6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

The car will not have 1100 horsepower.

7. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Red solo cups and a fast car don't seem like a pair that the marketing department, or PR for that matter, want to be seen together.

Detonator Yellow likes this.
  8. Hellcatbroughtmehere

Hellcatbroughtmehere Member

Could it possibly crest 1000? Just interested; like BobP has said I'm much more interested in the ET numbers. To me, from a marketing standpoint, I'd be surprised if they didn't take it there especially since we know that they have to be close to 4 digits.

9. Bruce Wayne

Agreed 100%

I think this is why Dodge released the information the way they did, educating the masses on how they fine tuned the Drag experience, strengthening parts and incorparing this technology before going into talking about power. Wise for those who appreciate it.

10. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

TBH - being ignorant to drag racing, I thought the limited MPH tires were really odd at first. You guys helped educate me on what is actually important for 1/4 mile times, etc. If you were to put higher rated MPH tires on the Demon, should it surpass Hellcat top speed?

11. wilbur

wilbur Member

This has been a great mode of using multimedia to educate the public to show there is more to this car than HP. I commend them for all the misery they are putting us through. It's not just about the wicked looks as what's underneath.

I wish they would put this much time into the previous updates the Challenger had in '15 model.

Wil

12. Hellcatbroughtmehere

Hellcatbroughtmehere Member

I would guess no based on the gearing changes.

MoparDanno likes this.
  13. Bruce Wayne

With the shorter gears and aero drag from that massive intake in hood, probably not.

If you were to switch out to Hellcat gears and Hellcat hood, (Y) rated tires......200mph would hit you faster than most supercars.

14. Bruce Wayne

Agreed

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

I am not saying a word.

GasAxe, Smitman, danbek and 7 others like this.