NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Demon hints...

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Muther

Muther Active Member

Well, from what I understood from pre-Hellcat launch, that the Hellcat was making well above 707hp. I was told that the Hellcat internals were solid to 1000 hp.

I was operating under the premise that the Demon engine was just a Hellcat with a bigger blower and a few other parts, but the same rotating assembly, so it was =<1000 hp.

I now have reason to believe that Demon will have a substantially different hp capacity. Note, like I said, the Hellcat was "solid to 1000hp", apparently the Demon will be substantially higher than that.

So, my question is, how different will the Demon short block be from Hellcat. I assumed they were the same, but I was told my assumption was wrong.

2. Hellcatbroughtmehere

Hellcatbroughtmehere Member

One of the insiders here alluded to different internals a while back. My biggest question concerning that since then; are the internals just stronger or are we talking different displacement?

For a long while I've assumed it would continue to be a 6.2L. However, with how they continue to shock me week after week, I wouldn't be shocked at all if it were changed.

Just want to be clear to anyone reading that I have NO inside information or clues besides what has been said here on this site. This is just my own wild speculation.

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Hers is just a one of... the all come with the R/T Scat Pack and SRT392 hood on the 354 Supercharged Drag Pak.

4. redriderbob

Yes, some internal's were changed

5. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

No, the Demon engine is not a legal engine. The 354 Supercharged Hemi is legal for NHRA racing.

Mike

6. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Correct, the legal supercharged engine is 354 ci. :)

Mike

7. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

You are correct sir. :)

8. redriderbob

Originally I thought she drove a N/A 426 HEMI that was also available on the 2015 Drag Pak. But it turned out to be the 354 car.

Mike V. likes this.
  9. redriderbob

In the factory stock XX (Super Stock) category. The 426 version can compete in the factory stock (stock) category.

10. srm3500

srm3500 Member

Good thing I said 1112 then.....;):p

Just IMO but with the Demon having that cool down part in the video and wide tires and this last video about launching it from zero I wouldn't be shocked if with the right person and perfect track conditions this car will do high 8's or even mid 8's again just IMO.

11. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

After seeing the pics of the Drag pak in demon guise I started looking and found some more cool info. Haven't got to dive right in yet but I have come to the conclusion that I need more free time and more hours in a day.

12. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

This car is going to go where alot of dedicated drag cars can't, but yet the internet comment sections are still ripe with can't beat mustang camaro, and so on.

Wish these people would take the time to research this car, cause even if you dislike mopar, the technology and effort put into this car is down right needed of an award.

And after you are blown away by all this, you have to remember you can drive it home.

Amazing and many cudos to all involved

UN4GTBL likes this.
  13. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

14. Smitman

Smitman Member

She went 9.56 @ 148

15. mopar22

mopar22 Member

They could have technically used any engine as it was a charity race against papa