NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Demon hints...

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

The PR department must be having so much fun and if you know you know

tf34mech likes this.
  2. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Yes but that is naturally aspirated. The supercharged Hemi can run in factory stock also.

Mike

3. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Ok, but the drag paks have two available engines. No reason to reinvent the wheel, simply swap the hood and rewrap it

Mike

4. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Present Hellcat, Future Demon Owner. MOPAR Level III Supporter

5. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

6. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Oh yeah...Chrysler @ Carlisle has said one Demon will be on display. More will depend on how many will be available.
    Awesome. I will be there in July.

Now if they send atleast one for the thrill ride!!!

Hellcatbroughtmehere likes this.
  7. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable Level III Supporter

Man...you're making me want to go to Carlisle more than ever...

8. MoparDanno

MoparDanno Active Member Level III Supporter

Unlikely because of the revised gear ratio. 3.09 isn't as top speed happy as the 2.62 or whatever the stock auto Cats come with. Hell, 3.09 aint exactly what I would consider a drag gear either! lol, but that 8 speed has such a deep 1st gear, you don't need as steep of rear gears. Typically tire height is in the 28-30" range nowdays as well, although the Demon looks like it will be shorter overall potentially.

To put it perspective, back "in the day" a 3.23 gear was considered a freeway gear ( With NO overdrive mind you ) and 3.91's and deeper were considered more "Acceleration trials" gearing. Ive run 4.30's with no OD on the street in my 70 Road Runner, and my first 68 340 Cuda had 4.10's in it. The Cuda had 26" tall tires, and I think the Runner had 27" talls.

Nothing really important in this post, just some frame of reference stuff to how cool cars are nowadays and how much they can do with what used to be considered "pedestrian" type numbers.

BobbiBigWheels, Mike V. and Dave Z like this.
  9. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

3.91's in the back of my 340 Duster and 4.10's in the back of my Sport Fury

Good post.

Mike

10. MoparDanno

We KNOW this?

11. MoparDanno

Thanks.

And to put a period on the statement, all 3 of my Dakota's have 4.56's and 28" talls with a single .69 OD, and I still turn less RPM's at a set freeway speed than a "old Mopar" with a 3.55 and 26" talls. I was the first one to change to the 4.56's from the 3.92's in the Dak R/T community, back in 99 or so, so I definitely love me some deep gear for getting goin quicker!

Just seems odd to say "Yeah, 3.09 is the drag gear" lol.

12. jam1

jam1 Member

Hoping someone comes out with more ratios for the Challenger..... I'd even consider something in the 3.50's...... that's just around 400 more r.p.m.'s that the 3.09..... no biggie, but like you said...... 8 speed autos change that scenario more...... with an already ever present issue of getting traction...... better have some really good stickies and an educated foot!

MoparDanno likes this.
  13. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

My next comment was going to be... 4.56 in an AAR 'visa is a great combination for drag racing :)

Mike

MoparDanno likes this.
  14. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

I thought you did.

Mike

15. MoparDanno

That last one is the difficult one....