AF: Dodge full size SUV? | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge full size SUV?

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by aaaaaa, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

It really wasn't by choice that we've kept these cars as long as we have. I went through a divorce, and had some other financial issues that we've been dealing with. If the covid doesn't get us, then later next year we're going to start looking. I'm really shocked at what my 2002 Cummins is booking at these days. I will put it up for sale, it should make a nice down payment on a black 1500 crew. Our Commander has a low mileage different engine and practically everything in the driveline has either been replaced or rebuilt. We will keep that for me to drive to work. The wife can drive the truck.

cygnus and Zagnut27 like this.
  2. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yup, I didn’t really plan on keeping my Liberty as long as I did. I had been droning on here for years about wanting to replace it...lol. But we kept going back and forth between wanting to do a massive renovation to our house vs purchase/build a new one, and adding a major purchase during that time didn’t make sense for a variety of reasons. Now that we purchased a new home, Covid hit and upset the world, and we took on the A3 as a favor to a family member.

Life has a way of intervening to derail your “wants”, in which case you try to maintain your “needs”. And we just didn’t “need” to buy something new because we were making it work with the vehicles we had. Maybe not ideal, but workable nonetheless. And my Liberty, even as old as it was, was a big part of making it work. I absolutely miss the utility it provided, and we do need to replace that soon. I’m not sure yet what that replacement will ultimately be, but once we’re looking in earnest, we’ll nail down the choices pretty quickly.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

I think vehicles are a value for money decision for a lot of people. I mean, Hellcats and Grand Wagoneers are nice and all, but I often wonder who the heck are buying these things.

4. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yeah, I wonder that too. Especially if it’s not their daily driver. Who has that much money to burn for something that’s just a part timer? I can’t fault them though, if they have the money then why not spend it? We only live once...that we know of. Lol.

UN4GTBL and tlc like this.
  5. Powdered Toast Man

That's why it's hard for me to recognize the Mopar brands these days. Dodge to me was always the "working man's" brand. Tough, sensible, affordable vehicles with a bit of attitude. Chrysler was what you got if you were middle class but decided to splurge for something a bit nicer. Now Dodge is two muscle cars, the trucks are their own brand, Chrysler is a minivan, and Jeep is a luxury brand.

AvengerGuy, cygnus, cdjr77 and 5 others like this.
  6. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Sounds like me and my Caliber lol!

Didn't plan on keeping it as long as I did, but once it started to be unreliable, I got rid of it. Can't believe it's been gone for 2.5 years now!

gforce2002 and Zagnut27 like this.
  7. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

The Liberty was running ok until one day it wouldn't start, and would immediately die again if it was jumped. When I took it in to diagnose the electrical issues, I got the unfortunate phone call..."So...have you been under the vehicle lately?" "No...why??" :( I think that was about a year ago now....still miss that old beast.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  8. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D;):cool:

9. erhemi

erhemi Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any information/insight or speculation what happened to the RA (large Chrysler CUV/SUV) which was the supposed to be built along side the Pacifica in Windsor. It was cancelled or delayed but why? What happened? Windsor is very under utilized just building the Pacifica. What happened? No one seems to know. It was a go and then just disappeared.

page2171 and UN4GTBL like this.
  10. Powdered Toast Man

A lot of things were supposed to be built over the last 5 years. Everything that was rumored to be coming for both the Dodge and Chrysler brands has been quietly shelved.

[​IMG]

11. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

One picture is worth a thousand words....or....in this case, 50 Billion words!:D

page2171 likes this.