AF: Dodge Ram styling | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Ram styling

Discussion in 'Ram, pickups, new Wagoneer, commercial trucks' started by tazdevil, Mar 6, 2015.

1. tazdevil

tazdevil Member

Most should agree that the current truck styling, started in 1994, is very unique and attractive. There has been much chatter about the latest grille design.
    I think that the original and still beautiful "Peterbuilt" look will never get old, and I suggest an equally attention getting change for the near future. Just extend the grille further down into the bumper area. Dramatic, good for cooling, and masculine. Don't abandon a good thing!

dak4x4 and floridaman2013 like this.
  2. dak4x4

dak4x4 Member

I totally agree. The alternative nostril grille is homely, to say the least.

3. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

"Cooling"
    It should be noted that open grills are terrible for fuel economy, the new Dodge Rams have thermostatically controlled shutters, behind the grill, so only a small portion needs to be "open", regardless of how large the "grill" area is.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  4. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Nice option... but you cant get it in ST trim.. only in Laramie or there abouts.

5. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

That's interesting because my friend has it on his Tradesman, but it also has the VM diesel, so maybe that is the exception?

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  6. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

The ST is somewhat the same as Tradesman. ST... Canada, Tradesman USA... I think. But when I ordered my truck.. I said no crome at all... so there was lots of options I didn't get because those option automaticly bump me into a SLT... which has crome. So I probaly didn't even get a chance to see if those shutters were possible. Personally I think they should be stanard on all trucks, just like the auto lights.

MoparNorm likes this.
  7. dana44

Ad-Free Member

If the Fiat 500(s) can keep their side to side slit grille, and Alfa can keep it's little triangle grille, Dodge Rams should be able to keep their crosshair grilles.

Shane Estabrooks and MoparNorm like this.