Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Ready To Return To NASCAR in the U.S.?

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by dodgeismycar, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

That is exactly my point. There is no real sanity in racing.

The sanest way to look at racing is looking at it from the least sane point of view.

Why do you climb a mountain? Why do you run a marathon, why would Oracle go after the America's Cup, why did Ford go after Ferrari at LeMans. You do those things to prove something.

If you race as a marketing tool, you lose. If you race to develop cars, you lose. The reason you race is to prove your commitment to being the best.

Racing for any other reason is silly. There are much better and cheaper ways to accomplish those goals.

"There is no terrible way to win, there is only winning."
    Jean-Pierre Sarti
    Grand Prix (the movie)

2. Mopar Jerry

Level III Supporter

Good morning, as we see there are many valid points on both sides of the coin but me personally I just want to see DODGE racing again in Nascar , not so much because I am a Nascar fan but because I am a big DODGE fan & I like seeing them race on a big stage. I hope it happens soon. MOPAR Always!

3. Mopar Jerry

Level III Supporter

Good morning. Just read on Jayski that Mike Harmon will be running a 2017 Dodge Charger (not Challenger which he ran last year) sponsored by Veterans Motorsport. Just wondering if Charger is a miss print, also I don't know if Challenger is Nascar certified for 2017. MOPAR Always!

4. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

5. Wade in Minnie

Wade in Minnie New Member

Mopar Jerry likes this.
  6. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

The Charger is not eligible to run in the Xfinity Series. Mike has been running a Challenger in the Xfinity series off and on for the last couple of years. It's just a misprint in the article.

mdh1776 likes this.
  7. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Active Member

Does this sound like a backdoor,wink wink go for it from Dodge??

8. Doug D

Agree. As far as I remember the Challenger is the Dodge body style in the Xfinity series. Charger was in the Cup series. Unless he's moving up to the Monster Energy Cup Series, he'll be running the Challenger.

9. mdh1776

mdh1776 Active Member

A Charger cannot run in the Cup series. The Gen5 car does not meet the current rulebook. That was asked going into the 2013 season, if the 2012 Penske cars could compete if another team bought them. The answer was no. The lower series are still using the same generation vehicle as they were in 2012 when Penske last ran Challengers, which is where these zombie Dodge cars come from.

10. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

No he would be the last driver you want to race for your brand.

Beentherebefore likes this.
  11. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

If it is, it is the wink of a company going blind. No slight intended, but to classify Harmon as even a third level team is doing him a favor.

mdh1776 likes this.
  12. mdh1776

mdh1776 Active Member

13. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

If Honda and Nissan get into NASCAR, then its over for me. I'll stick with NHRA and Formula 1. They can keep their fantasy Toyotas. There's nothing Toyota about them, except the $$$ or Yen in this case. France family WISE UP.

Oh and I had some fun with the eye candy girls at Englishtown a few years ago. Asked them did they know their Toyota Funny car had a Chrysler Hemi engine? LOL.

DC-93 likes this.
  14. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

The Fords were very dominant at Daytona.

Congrats to Kurt Busch, former Dodge driver!

AvengerGuy and Beentherebefore like this.
  15. DC-93

DC-93 Active Member

I heard that Nascar is having $$$ problems from a buddy in FL. They think less seating and higher prices is the way to go. They left their core fans out in the cold...

16. Doug D

Yes, they were. The race strategy of the Toyota teams (JGR) backfired when Kyle's car cut a tire with only Hamlin finishing (one lap down). At first I thought the Big Boys had learned from the Xfinity and Truck races, but the start of Stage 3 proved otherwise. With 70-80 laps to go they were racing like it was 10 to go. I understand being aggressive, but wow, that was something else. I don't recall so many damaged cars at the finish. Only 25 were running at the finish and only a handful were not exhibiting damage. What a wreckfest.

Had Chase not run out of gas he looked like a sure fire win. Then again, at Daytona nothing is certain until you cross the line.

FYI - the Daytona 500 was a sell out. We'll see what the remaining races do.

17. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

Plainly said they forgot where they came from.
    I've been going to Watkins Glen for 5+ years and while its a great track it never comes close to selling out. Neither did Pocono when I used to go there....

18. SE Charger

SE Charger Well-Known Member

LouJC, Watkins Glen grandstands have been a sellout for the last 2 years according to Nascar.com and Theglen.com.

19. boblonben

boblonben MOPAR Guy
    Level III Supporter

So, these items were all written on 4 Dec 2016. What has happened since then ????

20. DC-93

DC-93 Active Member

I saw empty seats regardless of what they were telling viewers! False news! SAD!!! :D