AF: Door Lock Actuators | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Door Lock Actuators

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by dc8flyer, Nov 7, 2019.

1. dc8flyer

dc8flyer Well-Known Member

My 1987 600se 2.5L is all back together with all lights and gauges working properly. I no longer have the power light coming on or need to turn off/on the key while driving to clear code 24.

The interior is also fully completed. Will have to contemplate a paint job sometime in the next year or two as the clear coat has worn out.

One other detail I have is two door lock actuators that have failed. No junk yard finds or retail availability so I wanted to ask if any one has ever had one of these actuators rebuilt and the best route to fix these.

Thanks

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I had saved the door lock actuators from my 1992 Daytona, which may be different but possibly adaptable. I'll check to see if I still have them, or if I pitched them in a purge earlier this year. I had the part of the harness that was inside the door, so I would have had the connectors and a length of wiring.

3. dc8flyer

That would be great.

My front right door and rear left door actuators are the two not working.

This is similar to the front door with an angle if I recall. The rear door actuator has a straight shaft however.

[​IMG]

4. neon98rt

neon98rt Well-Known Member

i would make a universal one work if it was me. two wires. I put door locks in my lebaron . It was hard to date a girl in the rain when she stood there getting wet as i used the key to unlock the door.

5. AllanC

AllanC Well-Known Member

Agree. A universal type power door lock motor actuator is easily adaptable to your vehicle. Here is a link to a vendor that sells aftermarket power door lock kits. All you would need is a separate purchase of the actuator. It comes with a short wiring harness that could mate to the existing harness.

A1 Electric Automotive Accessories, Power windows, Power door locks, keyless entry systems, Window motors, Window regulators, Pop door kits (at https://www.a1electric.com/index.htm )

6. dc8flyer

I'll have to look into the universal option. Thanks.

I noticed these on Ebay. They look pretty much the same as the originals except for the bottom plug. The mount looks the same, size, etc.

Door Lock Actuator Front or Rear Left/Right E9TZ1526594A Sedan for Grand Marquis | eBay (at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-Lock-Actuator-Front-or-Rear-Left-Right-E9TZ1526594A-Sedan-for-Grand-Marquis/274063930672?epid=10020354740&hash=item3fcf7bb530:g:FDsAAOSwgm5dvVpf )

The site says they are not compatible but not sure why other than the plug.

7. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Does the link move in and out? Does it draw current? Have you looked under the rubber weatherboot or tried an external 12 volt source to actuate it?

8. dc8flyer

One is frozen, wont move. And if I recall the other one the shaft is disengaged and will not move in either direction. The boots are all pretty much gone and I think water has gotten into at least one of them.

9. dc8flyer

I’ve been trying to work with this company but initially they said their actuators would not work. But after nearly two weeks they respond saying their actuators will work but want to send a kit with actuators with more plugs and wires than necessary. Wires harnesses, actuators with three separate plugs, etc.

They want to send me the W02F kit when all I believe I need is four separate W15F actuators.

As I recall all the actuators, front and back, are the same and with two wires from each actuator to a wire plug.

Without my having to remove the door panels to refresh my memory, does anyone know for sure how many wires are on each of the four individual door actuators?

Thanks,

10. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

As I recall, there are two wires, and polarity is reversed to lock/unlock.

valiant67 likes this.
  11. dc8flyer

Thanks, that is what I remember. Each front and rear door actuator had only two wires.

12. marty mopar

marty mopar Well-Known Member

4396015 is the solenoid...same for the front or rear doors. Only different is the link coming from it.

13. dc8flyer

Thanks Marty.

14. dc8flyer

Still cant get these folks to sell me the actuators. Keep saying they are out of stock for 45 days or so.

Has anyone actually purchased and received anything from these people or is time to move on?

15. AllanC

AllanC Well-Known Member

I bought a kit from this vendor to install power door locks on a 2003 Dodge Neon. It has been 10+ years since this happened. If you cannot get service, move onto another vendor. Do a Google search for "after market power door lock actuators" and you will find other suppliers.

Here are several :

Audiovox PROPDL25 door lock actuators Add power door locks to two doors in your vehicle at Crutchfield (at https://www.crutchfield.com/S-oIrM1aEXwGB/p_220PRPDL25/Audiovox-PROPDL25-door-lock-actuators.html )

https://www.amazon.com/XYZCTEM-Cent...sed-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=15730431

16. dc8flyer

Finally received the door lock actuators. Their product seemed more reliable than others on the web so I waited it out after almost two months.

The install was time consuming but straight forward. Did not have to use any extra brackets as there was plenty of space to attach after removing the old bracket attached with rivets.

Both used flat male connectors but the new actuator's blue connector cover was not compatible with the old wiring. Easy enough to interchange the covers to make it work. Not perfect but worked well enough. I had a 50/50 chance of figuring out which lead went where and of course got it wrong.

Nice to have all door locks working.

Thanks Allan for pointing me to this vender.

[​IMG]

chuzz and Bob Lincoln like this.
  17. dc8flyer

Not sure why picture didn't work. Trying again. Old vs New.JPG