Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

door lock/unlock relays ZJ

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee, Durango, etc' started by coloradokev, Jun 27, 2017.

1. coloradokev

coloradokev New Member

93 ZJ 5.2L - All Doors quit locking when either (driver or passenger Front door) lock switch pushed. All Doors unlocked fine.
    I bought a new door lock relay from NAPA - It did not work. Doors still would not lock. New relay would "click" when lock switch pushed but doors would not lock.
    Here's the baffling part - when I swapped the existing working relay (genuine MOPAR part # 56006846) (from the unlock plug-in spot (relay "fuse" block under the glove box panel) with the new NAPA relay) The doors would all lock (with the original MOPAR relay) but now would not unlock (with the new NAPA relay)
    So what ever position (lock or unlock plug-in position) I put the original MOPAR relay, it works properly. I bought another relay from Advanced AP and it too would not work in either plug-in position.
    Are after market relays incompatible and do I need to buy a genuine MOPAR relay?
    OR is there another issue?

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter