Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driver's seat back '08 sebring

Discussion in '200, Avenger/Sebring, Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze' started by wheelsport, Sep 9, 2017.

1. wheelsport

wheelsport Member

How do I remove the driver's seat back so I can fix rear entry tilt?

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Did you get a copy of the TSB for the stuck recliner repair? I sent a conversation back July 4th but didn't get a response. Check your inbox.
    The seat is best serviced outside the car on a blanket or tarp on the floor.
    It is more difficult with the seat bolted in the car as you will need to tip it and flip it. It is easy to scratch and gouge interior panels with it in the car.
    If the seat has active head restraints, pre-tensioning shoulder belts and/or side airbags, you will want to disconnect the battery for several minutes before beginning disassembly and follow all warnings and cautions in the service manual.
    The oskin.ru manual is difficult to use as it is 'general' and lacks page numbers. Turn to figure 203 and go back 3 pages to the beginning of the Seats section. Follow the procedures and the pictures are somewhat helpful. Not as good or clear as a US factory manual.
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Service Manuals/2007_JS_Sebring_Stratus/BODY.pdf

3. wheelsport

wheelsport Member

Thank you! Can I access other repair areas through Oskin?

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

5. wheelsport

wheelsport Member

I removed the seat and found that the cable that operates the seat tilt forward is either broke or disconnected at the top of the seat back. To facilitate repair the seatbelt cap at the top of the seat needs to come off. I can't see how it is removed.

6. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

See figure 50-510 in the parts catalog for an exploded view of the convertible driver's seat.
    Items # 6, # 7 and # 8 all look like they are 'clipped' together by retainer spring tabs. Gently try prying up on the belt cap and cover. It may have plastic hooks where it has to slide forward or rearward slightly to release. I see no screws.

7. saltydog

saltydog Well-Known Member

That is a tough one, but you will need to push down and pull toward the front of the car, it will feel like you are going to break it.

ImperialCrown likes this.