AF: Drivers side front tire howl/Tire has some outward lean | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers side front tire howl/Tire has some outward lean

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by GreenGoblin, Jul 31, 2014.

1. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin New Member

20140810_161218 (600x800).jpg

I managed to load another pic.

2. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin New Member

20140810_161236 (600x800).jpg
    And another.

3. Cornupenuria

Cornupenuria Well-Known Member

Is that replacement sway bar the right one for the application?

4. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

5. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin New Member

I have owned the car for 20 or so years and drove it alot. The sway bar has been there since I bought it and never been a problem, nor did this howl/lean happen, before so I assume all is well there.
    Thanks for asking though.

6. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin New Member

I did not back off the torsion bar. Thanks for the link and I will check it out. The alignment shop does want me to come back and check some stuff so I might do that there...and if I cant get in this week I might just check it myself.

Thanks

7. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin New Member

Wow ...man I just skimmed that link and I need more time to go over it ,which I do not have now, I hope thats not the prob...but with current evidence of no other issues it might be. I will look into it and post what I find.

Thanks for your help.

8. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

It's not that hard to fix, but can be hard to figure out. Good Luck!!
    Thanks
    Randy

9. Cornupenuria

Cornupenuria Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was looking at a brake hose and thought the numbers were on the sway bar.

10. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin New Member

lol...no prob.

11. GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin New Member

Update: So when I finally had time to look into this problem again I decided to look over the steering gear one more time before I start ripping things apart. I checked the wheel out again and then went under the front of the car when I did see something after I jacked up the lower control arm. Dont know why I didnt notice it before but a bracket was hanging off the sub frame that secures my front sway bar. I replaced both bolts in it and took it for a test drive and no more tire lean. The bad news is the tires are still howling like crazy. They are hot from the outside to the middle of the tire and I think this is a alignment issue and am looking into it.
    I am glad the lean is gone and it was a cheap fix but I would like to thank all those who helped me track things down. This will give me something to look for in the future when more problems arise...and I am sure they will. I guess the lesson here for me is dont just check the wheel because all that front suspention is hooked together and the source of the problem could be anywhere in that system.

Thanks again
    Tony