NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durango SRT

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Feb 7, 2017.

1. unverferth

unverferth Active Member

Hate to hear that.

Devildodge likes this.
  2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

It will use a edgier design. From what I hear the F-22 Raptor is its design draw.

DarkSky and dakota21 like this.
  3. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Member

I'm not worried. I've got no reason to worry. FCA has churned out some beautiful designs the last few years.

Unless "Edgier" means more edges, like the Camaro. It's been a design train wreck since it's reintroduction. The Michael Bay designs are not holding up well, IMO.

4. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

This, Sir, is sacrilege, lol.

The PT had Soooooooo much potential, tho... The Caliber did as well... They left so much on the table with these designs, and were ahead of the game of the mini-SUV surge that is happening now.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  5. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

I'm over here fuming, with what could've been.

freshforged likes this.
  6. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Where are you in Texas?

Mike

7. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Well-Known Member Level III Supporter

Currently in Garland. Heading to Austin tomorrow morning early.

8. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Sending you a PM

Mike

9. Alexbucks

Alexbucks Member

Given the problems with 6TH Generation Camaro (along with it sales) moving away from Retro Design all together instead if an light "evolution" which seems to be GM's tact with Chevrolet for some reason.

10. sickboy

sickboy Member

I don't want to derail the thread, but this is the first news I've hears about the new challenger design. It saddens me to hear about the move away from retro, but semi shocking to hear it being edgier. Yes there are creases in the bodywork now, but it's beauty is in its curves. Luckily, if the challenger remains a larger coupe, there is more room for beauty to be worked in. IMO, Camaro and mustang are too compact to have good lines. Everything seems compromised. That being said, some hard points of the challenger platform kept the current car from being 100% beautiful.

11. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Member

The S550 Mustang was a radical change away from the "retro" styling. I think it's done just fine.

The new Camaro's sluggish sales despite being the best performing Camaro ever is hilarious to me (as I stated earlier, I've hated the last two gens of Camaro).

12. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Hate the Caliber too... LOL

Metco2.75 and TTO_XODJ like this.
  13. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Okay moderators,... time to shut this thread down, @BobbiBigWheels is completely out of control,.... lol.

14. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Lol - love it. Hey man the beauty of this forum is the opinions shared by one another. I genuinely look forward to booting up my crappy work computer to check AllPar every day, and see what you goofballs are going on about. Whether it's that Chrysler is being sold (for the trillionth time) or that someone thinks an SRT Pacifica is on way (what?), I love every second of it.

Morty and TTO_XODJ like this.
  15. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

Lol,... Completely Agree... Wait, they're NOT doing a SRT Pacifica??? Chrysler is DOOOOOOMMMMMEEDDD... again, lol.

GasAxe, Morty and BobbiBigWheels like this.