NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durango SRT

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Feb 7, 2017.

1. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

Has to be a generational thing, I hated both as well.

Metco2.75 and BobbiBigWheels like this.
  2. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Atta boy! Need that support against these guys ;)

TTO_XODJ likes this.
  3. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

Yeah, well.... You two young whipper-snappers need to stay off our lawn, with your Rock and Roll and your fancy-dancing, lol....

Seriously tho, I can't speak for the rest of the 40-year olds; but I personally have an affinity for hatches and wagons.... My first car was a Plymouth Horizon, and my second car was a Plymouth Sundance Duster.

4. BobbiBigWheels

1988 Nissan Pulsar T-Top 5 Speed Manual, Candy Apple Red. ;)

5. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

Gotta love those first rides, lol.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  6. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

I'm 18 and I always thought the Caliber looked pretty cool, especially the SRT. The PT was okay - not my favorite but there were much worse designs. My parents had a PT in probably 2005 or 2006 and it was pretty nice.

TTO_XODJ and BobbiBigWheels like this.
  7. BobbiBigWheels

Lucky 18 year old to have an SXT Charger!! Yeah I agree that anything SRT suddenly becomes cool. My question is whether you would have purchased any other trim level aside from SRT on that thing?

Side note - I have always loved Neons, regardless of SRT.

DarkSky likes this.
  8. DarkSky

Possibly. I'm also 6'5 so the extra ground clearance of the Caliber over a regular car is appealing. They were kind of the first subcompact SUV.

freshforged likes this.
  9. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

I don't even like rock & roll;). Lol the SRT caliber wasn't that bad to me. But all the others:oops:

I was 16 with an rt, 18 SRT, 21 hellcat. I've always wanted an NSRT but some weird stuff happened when I tried to get that.:(

DarkSky likes this.
  10. DarkSky

I wanted an R/T but couldn't afford one with all the options that I wanted so I just got a fully loaded SXT. Pretty good gas mileage is a plus. (edit: and I really needed 4 doors because my Challenger wasn't cutting it for me so I jumped when I saw this car arrive at the dealership)

I want a 392 by the time I'm out of college. Or maybe a Durango SRT if I need the extra seating...and since it's the topic of this thread. ;)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  11. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

Yesssss!!!! You sir,... have pretty good taste.

@BobbiBigWheels is still banned from my lawn, lol.

Truthfully, prior to owning the Caliber, I thought they were "just ok",... It's only after driving one and living with one did it's merits begin to shine.

BobbiBigWheels and DarkSky like this.
  12. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

Durango SRT or trackhawk is next for me. It really depends on the price of Durango SRT. I love it, and need the space, but if it's crazy expensive, then no.

13. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

I'm not a big fan of the Caliber and PT, but as far as hatches go I kinda like the old AMC Pacers and Gremlins. They're so ugly that they're kinda cool.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  14. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

Lol, very true. There's something just magically quirky about them.

Ditto... Durango SRT is the only vehicle that I would think about replacing my Durango with as of right now... While I like the GC SRT, it just does not speak to me like Dodge does... It's probably because the Durango is more "wagon-y", idk.

15. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

Price is the biggest factor for me. If it's more than the gc, it doesn't seem feasible and I'll stick with the rt.

Bajanbuoy likes this.