Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

early 90's floor bin

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by urr, Oct 19, 2017.

1. urr

urr Active Member

I am not sure of the exact name of this item -it is a floor mount storage unit with a door in the front and a drawer under that one.I pulled one out of an early 90's New Yorker years ago.I planned on putting it in my Spirit til it died ,now I plan on putting it in the Acclaim I just purchased.It has flanges that fit around the underdash cover.I seem to recall it had a mounting bracket behind it that was bolted to the floor and the storage bin bolted to that with a 10 mm bolt.I need that bracket.Or the under dash cover from a New Yorker because apparently there are some slight differences between the NY version and the Acclaim versions..The bin does not mate up exactly in the Acclaim there is a two inch gap between the bin and bulkhead/underdash cover.

Any one have the bracket ?or the underdash cover?I guess if no one has this stuff I may could drill a hole through the flange and underdash cover and use a push through connecter to hold it secure. Or go simpler and use some adhesive backed velcro. on the flange then press it to the carpet covering.Although I am not sure how secure that woud be.That two inch gap that I mentioned earlier annoys me maybe there was a spacer that covered it up in the NY's.The bin is directly under the ashtray.in the photo chrysler-new-yorker-1993-wallpaper-6.jpg

2. goair99

goair99 Active Member

IMHO, I would forget about it. The one in my '92 Imperial drove me nuts because it constantly squeaked when driving. So I took it out and replaced it with the carpeted cover. Plus, It looks out of place on the floor. Not sure how good it would look in your acclaim...