Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error code P06dA

Discussion in '200, Avenger/Sebring, Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze' started by captn, Jul 7, 2017.

1. captn

captn Active Member

Chrysler 200 - 2011 - 3.6L V6

Changed the Oil Pressure Sensor and the light is still on.

Engine runs and sounds fine with clean oil.

Any suggestions please....

2. captn

captn Active Member

Scanned for codes again P06dA and P06dE

found:
    P06DA-DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP CIRCUIT
    P06DD-DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP STUCK LOW
    P06DE-DUAL STAGE OIL PUMP STUCK HIGH

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

There are a couple of TSBs that address 3.6L oil pump faults. 18-037-11 was released years ago and is now part of 18-113-16. A 'stuck low' or 'stuck high' fault may trigger other faults.
    These software flash updates may be covered under your 8/80 extended federal emissions warranty.
    The old oil pressure sender may have been fine.

4. captn

captn Active Member

Is there a way to check oil pressure using the information consul?
    If not can anyone suggest a way to check it.....
    Thanks...

5. captn

captn Active Member

Thanks, I'll check with the dealer......

6. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

You may be able to monitor oil pressure, oil temperature and pump valve position with a good scan tool.

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Member

I have had to replace a few oil pumps on the 3.6s setting these codes. The wiring to the pump should be checked first but usually a pump issue.

8. captn

captn Active Member

Thanks for that Crawdaddy and ImpCrown.....

Would the dealer with their scan tool be able to say definitely if it was the pump or not?

It's probably a $500 deal and to get it back with the light still on.........

The code P06DE suggests it's stuck in High Press mode so checking the press and if it doesn't
    switch to low after it gets to the required temp could this be cause by the solenoid which I believe
    controls this function?

Sorry for the questions but just trying to get a handle on this problem. I haven't seen too many
    posts on this subject anywhere except for posts saying it is a problem.

Thanks.....

9. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Member

The solenoid is part of the pump and is not serviced separately. The wiring going to the pump should be checked before the pump is condemned though. The dealer scan tool can read oil pressure and demanded oil pump stage. You can most likely read the pressure reading in your cluster menu. The second stage of the pump is to supply enough pressure to actuate the VVT, so you should see the pressure reading go up when you step into the throttle. Pressure when hot idle or cruising should be around 30 psi and will go up 2 to 3 times that when in second stage.

10. captn

captn Active Member

Excellent, so the solenoid is part of the pump so that the solenoid is changed with a pump replacement!

You mention the wiring, is this the wiring that goes down to the oil pump area, I'm not sure exactly where this is?

I've been thought my cluster menu and it really doesn't give much information unless I don't know how to get into this area. Maybe you can point me to something I can read to explain.

Many thanks for the information.

11. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Member

I look in the user manual for your car and it doesn't have the option for showing oil pressure. The option came on the next version of the cluster. Here are some pictures of the connector location. There may be brackets in the way of getting to the connector. I have used pick tools etc to release the connector where brackets are in the way and others need bracket removal to release the connector. Are you going to try to test/replace the pump yourself?

GUID-09-013-028-2831052.jpg
    GUID-09-013-028-2777391.jpg

GUID-09-013-028-2867380.jpg

12. captn

captn Active Member

I wont be going the work myself but would like to be informed before I turn it over to the dealer.
    I will check the wiring for damage or loose connecters and is the wiring harness in the 3rd
    picture is at the rear of the engine?

I think the dealer can only check the software updates to the pcm and then do pressure check
    at start up and after warm up to see that it drops.

13. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Member

The connector is at the right front of engine.

14. captn

captn Active Member

The pictures were very informative and I thank you.
    Then when you said "right front" I'm looking at the engine from the front and the right you correctly mean the left - lol
    It's going to have to go on a hoist as I'm assuming it on the passenger side at the rear of the engine and it's really hard to see.
    Still think your suggestion of the dealer is the best bet at least they can check the software and perform an accurate check of the oil pressure and go from there.