Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[EUROPE] Another Maserati SUV is coming to rival Porsche

Discussion in 'Fiat News & Rumors' started by Hemidakota, Oct 25, 2017.

1. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

No, it really is ridiculous. Jeeps are designed to go off road, the Alfa Romeo SUV's are going to be all weather capable, and will not have anywhere near the off road capability of a Jeep. It really is as simple as that.

2. BASONE88

Supporter

When I see an Alfa Romeo Stelvio(or any other model) tackling the slickrock in Moab, I will cede your point. Jeep and Alfa Romeo have no engineering in common.;)

BTW, "cashed-strapped" would be the number one reason - why - AR would have a mainstream model such as the Stelvio. But I don't think there is any specific action or statement pointing to this condition.

I am with you on the "should(but who are we)." This argument and personal feeling mirrors the same arguments(shared by many)about Jeep making anything but a Wrangler.

For the Wrangler to be the best Wrangler and the 4C,8C,or Giulia to be the best of what they are(or whatever the true definition of Alfa Romeo is) there has got to be broad or mass appeal - thru diversification. Otherwise, they are cash-strapped and out of business.

AlfaCuda likes this.
  3. AlfaCuda

AlfaCuda Active Member

Sorry still cannot agree with you on the Porsche question. The brand image is as strong as ever and looks to me that it will stay that way for decades to come. They are and will make enough profits to weather any storm and determine what their future will be. They will have many choices that AR and Maser can only dream of right now.

You seem very fixed in your idea of what these brands should be irrespective of changing market demands. By that token Alfa Romeo should not be a mass manufacturer at all. They should have stuck to hand built hyper cars and gran tourers that they built pre-ww2. Building the 1900 and the 750 series Giulietta was sacrilegious, akin to building the Stelvio today. Ferrari should build only enough super/hyper/GT cars to finance their F1 and other racing teams.

Your business strategy is certain way to death of the brand imo. However the image can stay sky high after the funeral.

All I can say is come out back from the 1960s into 2017.

4. BASONE88

Supporter

Maybe, but they won't be Jeeps.;)