Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F-body torsion bar mounts to control arm...where can I find them?

Discussion in 'F-J-M: Volare, Diplomat, etc, 1977-89' started by gary longo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. gary longo

gary longo Active Member

Need help...bought new torsion bars from firm feel. But I need a set of the mounts that attach to the end of the bars and get bolted to the lower control arms. They were listed by moog as part number k7289! If any one knows of someone that has a set or where to get them...the help would be greatly appreciated!

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

What year? I tried to look up a Mopar part number to search with, but Chrysler only supplied this mount with the torsion bar as an assembly. Are they the same for a later M-body?
    Keep searching for the Moog K7289 in obsolete/discontinued parts websites. Maybe some will show up on eBay from time to time.
    Can the old ones be salvaged in anyway if the rubber is bad?

3. gary longo

gary longo Active Member

Same for all f,j and m-body. They sell polyurethane replacements for the back rubber,just have to split the welds. I had an extra pair of torsion bars to experiment with...to separate the old bars from the mounts seems pretty impossible! Thanks for the advise...I will definitely try them.