AF: Factory Amp | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Amp

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by Twizted, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Twizted

Twizted New Member

Hey All
    I have a 2017 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 with a stock cheap radio , So I am putting a Alpine system in
    and was told that I have a factory amp ? I have a KPT-445a that I am putting on UTE-62BT and if I have
    an amp I will have to hard wire the HU Harness . I think I can still get my power from the old unit and just
    bypass the speakers on the old system an run new .Tell me if you think I am right ?
    KPT-455A Connections
    BLU = PWR ANT
    BLU/WHT = Remote Turn On
    PNK/BLK = Audio Interrupt
    ORN = Illumination
    R = Acc +
    Y = 12v + Constant
    BLK = Ground
    I have the speakers

2. paullybob

paullybob Well-Known Member

I think you're making this too complicated. So, you just want to run an updated HU with new speakers am I right?? The factory amp should be adequate for that and a simple adapter harness is available from Metra (http://metraonline.com/part/AX-ADCH100) to complete the setup. Unfortunately in today's factory set ups so much is integrated and an integrated adapter interface setup like this is a necessity. It offers adjustable gain for an aftermarket amp setup for later, has a retained power ability so your memory will be saved and integrates to blind spot monitoring, NAV, balance/fade, etc. If you have steering wheel mounted audio controls. it will also allow you to reintegrate those into your new set up!!

3. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

A 2017 factory radio is supplied with battery voltage and is turned on and off by the CAN communications bus. You will need to run a wire from a fused ign/acc source to power the radio with the key on or the battery will discharge.
    A CAN bus emulator may be needed to operate remote control features and the factory amp. Make sure that this unit will work for your application before purchase.

4. paullybob

paullybob Well-Known Member

Hey Walt. that's why I was suggesting the Metra kit. It includes the emulator and retains all memory and functionality of the stock radio. It really is a must have item in this particular case.

ImperialCrown likes this.
  5. Twizted

Twizted New Member

Imperial Crown
    So do I have a stock amp and where would I find it ? I think it should say Boston Acoustics on speakers if it has an amp ?

6. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The amp (if equipped) would be mounted to the cargo floor behind the spare tire.
    I need to correct the information I gave about the radio power: it does have a fused ign/acc feed for main power to the radio along with battery power to keep the clock and audio setting memories powered.