AF: FCA’s future through suppliers’ eyes | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA’s future through suppliers’ eyes

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

A new analyst’s report of FCA’s future casts doubt on Dodge’s ability to get new cars into the field in the near future. UHY LLP, a group of accountants, also produces a monthly North American production forecast; one of their reports was leaked on the Web and has been widely commented on. The group provides services beyond accounting to automotive suppliers, who may be both the source of their information and its target. The group’s forecast shows […]
    Read the whole post here.

2. somber

somber 370,000 miles

That was a depressing read for this Dodge fan to start the week with.

3. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Unsettling.

superduckie5000 likes this.
  4. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

Selcome to ghe real sorld guys.may not be a pleasant read but fscts never are.

5. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Ouch. Again.

6. BEEAH

BEEAH Well-Known Member

"The group sees"
    "They do predict"
    "They suggest"
    "The group believes"
    "Possibly because"
    "The groups forecast"

Bla bla bla, none of this has any more weight than someone's financial predictions about a stock. :rolleyes:

T_690 and danbek like this.
  7. Int

Int Active Member

"The Jeep Cherokee’s refresh has been pushed back, possibly because there is no urgency..."

Well, yeah.

TripleT and danbek like this.
  8. moparnut72

Supporter

This through the eyes of the financial industry that brought us the Crash of 2008? The three industries I despise the most are the legal industry, the real estate industry and the financial industry. I have done better in each of these fields going on my own. Does FCA need to fix some stuff, yes, but I don't see any doom and gloom. Anyone see the new Hot Rod magazine, hardly any GM which is usually the case, mostly all Mopar with a lot of Hellcat stuff.
    Kk

UN4GTBL and danbek like this.
  9. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

And there was widespread agreement the earth is flat, come on guyso_O

superduckie5000 likes this.
  10. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Eggs are bad, milk is bad, ummm, maybe not so bad, they say this, they say that...:eek:

11. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

If such a report says everything is hunky dory, then who is going to need it. Such a report only functions if it says things are horrible.

Did anyone actually read the report?

12. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I did. It's not THAT bad. I think there are inaccuracies. I don't know why they'd continue making the Fiat500 there unless it was sharing with Compass, Renegade, and C100. There's no mention of the upcoming Dodges though the report goes through 2022. Note that Dodge and Ram are reported together so they may figure Ram will get clobbered by Ford and GM. I think Ram will be hurt by Ford when their ten speed and diesel come out but I also think Ram is working on... something. It's worrying that Bob Hegbloom has been moved.

HotCarNut and MPE426HEMI like this.
  13. duster92

duster92 Well-Known Member

Isn't the plan to shrink Dodge into a specialty performance brand and to make Chrysler a "mainstream" brand? It is difficult to forecast what is going on. I think the main goal of SM and co is to get Alfa underway at all costs.

14. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes

"They do predict a major boost for the Chrysler brand, possibly due to the new minivan and crossover, steading out at over 600,000 sales per year after 2017."

600K for my favorite nameplate would be sweet. It would likely take two more models to get to that number, though. A crossover plus perhaps a Chrysler sheet-metaled Grand Wagoneer, with sharp, angular lines, to compete with the Escalade and Denali.
    But please make the 100 a Fiat. If it's a decent car, Lord knows Fiat needs something to redeem its name in the U.S.

#14 Mopartial, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  15. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

All the delays, questionable decisions, and poor product planning are stacking up...

This, once again, proves what several members have been saying for months, if not years in some cases.

Mike

16. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Alfa and Dodge were joined at the hip when last seen in public.

17. JoeCanuck

JoeCanuck Well-Known Member

One of my biggest pet peeves with Sergio, has been his obsession with badge engineering. Ford, Chev, Toyota, and Honda brands all span a huge variety of vehicle types from micro cars to luxury models to pickups...and somehow, those brands don't seem to get diluted.

Sergio comes in and RAM, is now spun off, for absolutely no reason at all. All it gave the truck brand was a level of confusion. I have yet to hear anybody call their pickup simply RAM. It's always Dodge, or Dodge RAM.

Now Chrysler and Dodge must fill specific niches...but this is only going forward and won't mean a thing because of the vehicles purchased over the past decade. And besides....people just don't care. Dodge has always had small cars, fast cars, big cars, pickups and vans...and that was never the problem. Quality control was the problem and changing the name doesn't do a damned thing about that.

Frankly, no Chrysler brand has ever been elite enough to worry about its perception. Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, DeSoto...all of the brands since forever....they have all been considered middle of the road brands....cars for the everyman/woman. Dicking around with the deeper meaning of 'Chrysler' and 'Dodge' just shows that Sergio and the boys have way too damned much time on their hands.

Get the bloody vehicles right...THEN worry about what the hell to call them. I'm willing to bet if they concentrate more on putting out quality vehicles, buyers won't give a damn what badge is on the grille.

jimboy, Zagnut27, dfarc and 3 others like this.
  18. Mike V.

There are several current and known future vehicles not directly mentioned in the article and the only all new vehicle they mentioned was the Chrysler 100.

Nothing is "concrete" or official until it is official.

Mike

#18 Mike V., Mar 7, 2016
  19. Mike V.

And that is believed to still the be plan... It's just delayed due to the mercifully slow relaunch of the Alfa brand.

Mike

#19 Mike V., Mar 7, 2016
  20. Mike V.

This is the most truthful comment I have read in a while.

Mike

#20 Mike V., Mar 7, 2016