NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA dead last in latest JD Power Customer Service study

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by aldo90731, Mar 17, 2017.

1. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

2. aldo90731

Here are the actual result
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Well-Known Member Level III Supporter

Let me start the excuses:

JD Power is biased
    JD Power just loves Japanese brands
    JD Power over emphasizes phone pairing problems
    JD Power does not represent my experience with one FCA vehicle
    FCA is lowering net debt and cannot affort to spend on quality or good service
    FCA is trying to increase margins and must cut corners somewhere
    The plant shuffle
    Dealer franchise laws are too difficult for FCA to handle

Citation84, Zagnut27, jimboy and 6 others like this.
  4. Rick Anderson

Rick Anderson Active Member

Nope, I've been saying this for years, the Dealerships are dragging down the brand.

Yes, they are all not the same, there a good CDJR Dealerships out there. But it seems, and this survey confirms it, the proportion of bad ones to good ones is so high, its creating the perception they're all bad.

And yes, Erik I think you're the one that has brought it up in other threads, other manufacturers have been able to get their Dealerships in line and improve their service, you can't purely blame it on the Dealerships and the ridiculous franchise laws. And I'm convinced FCA is NOT taking those steps, that yes will be painful for them, but short term painful for long term gain.

5. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Member

I have said this before,my experience with my Challenger and Journey has been very good.
    No issues at all.
    I have a great dealer that does a great job.
    In 40+ years of buying new cars, I have never been asked to complete a JD Power survey or any survey.
    Mini is rated second???
    Oh brother.

6. Erik Latranyi

Buick being in the top proves that it can be done with US dealerships.

Also, notice how Lincoln is up there also. This is Ford working on a long-term plan to lift Lincoln from just a Ford with chrome to a more premium brand.

AvengerGuy, Rick Anderson and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes Level III Supporter

GM looks impressive. Ford surprises me, but not sure why.

8. aldo90731

Okay, I'll play

9. aldo90731

It may be related to all the issues they have been having with the Sync rollout.

10. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes Level III Supporter

Oh, I thought Sync 3 fixed everything.

11. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

Here's why I can't accept the dealers alone are the problem. People would probably be amazed at how many dealers, even those with a family name, are owned by groups that have FCA, Ford, GM, Japanese brands. So if they are owned by the same groups, why are the FCA ones such problems?

12. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Active Member

Look, Fiat came in here at the beginning, in the sh*t file already, from a long time past. So, they had an opportunity to oust this image and had a new generation(s) of people to impress who didn't know the old Fiat. At first I had hope and thought they were really going to start anew with the emphasis on quality over quantity. It started out promising and seemed to be a big priority, with people being fired and everything. But apparently it was all smoke and mirrors. There's only one person left to fire or leave, IMO. Like mentioned, they need to come down hard on those non complaint dealerships who are living off of one sale at a time.

13. unverferth

unverferth Active Member

Ditto. My Wrangler and Journey have been flawless. Never been asked either.

aldo90731 and MPE426HEMI like this.
  14. Erik Latranyi

Without a doubt, it is a combination. The difference is that Ford and GM are slowly turning the ship toward better service while another brand thinks they are the unsinkable Titanic!

15. Andy69

Andy69 Member

2015? did it take 2 years to compile this list