NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA+GM+VW

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Dave Z, Mar 7, 2017.

1. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Member

UN4GTBL, MPE426HEMI and aldo90731 like this.
  2. mopar22

mopar22 Member

Prabhjot likes this.
  3. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Member

My stomach would be feeling a whole lot better right now if you had said that the people supposedly going over the books were from PSA! I could easily live with the idea of Carlos Tavares as CEO of a combined "PFC".

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  4. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Active Member

Some of us often leave a vowel out of a word due to consideration of other peoples sensibilities, not as an attempt to bypass some piece of software somewhere.

JavelinAMX, MPE426HEMI and aldo90731 like this.
  5. Roadram

Roadram New Member

I almost don't care anymore. Go ahead eaton, drive in the last nail

6. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

I feel the same way.

UN4GTBL, Ian and Roadram like this.
  7. auric

auric Member

Are you sure about that? Here is the original reuters article: FCA CEO: 'zero interest' in pursuing merger talks with VW CEO (at http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN16M2WJ )

They have both "zero interest in pursuing" and "If he wants to come, he knows where I live," in quotations and the traditional press only does that when it is a direct quote. However i concede this may be negotiation theatrics on Sergios part

8. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Active Member

But I know FOR A FACT, you cannot write : "Wicked Pissah"

{ ... And by that I mean, you can't write that in a script font on this forum :D }

Dave Z likes this.
  9. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Active Member

I'm thinking in terms of a gently used Checker Cab ...

superduckie5000 and aldo90731 like this.
  10. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

I hear they have good rear legroom.

JavelinAMX and Erik Latranyi like this.
  11. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Active Member

A damned if you do/don't scenario.

12. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Active Member

Yes it gets GD tiring after awhile.

Roadram likes this.
  13. mopar22

mopar22 Member

There's "zero interest" that could have been taken from any statement in the world. It has no follow up or end and seems like they were just looking for something to post about sergio saying anything

14. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Member

Whole lot of different options open for fca, including several large but well short-of full scale 'merger' deals. Provided they come close to meeting their 2018 financial targets.

Except for another full tilt at gm again: there's little reason to fear any of them, since one imagines they will be more at a purely financial level (like the Ferrari spinoff and ipo) and/or entail easy to inoffensively implement powertrains-sharing, shared future r&d costs and resources etc.

But risks of another deep macroeconomic and financial etc crisis are imo elevating, so one hopes assorted talks and chats are underway even for more drastic measures like a full scale merger between say gm or vw or psa-Opel and say fca. Contingency and 'scenario planning', as they say!

15. MoparDanno

MoparDanno Active Member Level III Supporter

I still think that Sergio has his sights set on a tech tie-up with Google or Apple or someone like that.

ESPECIALLY if this legislation gets passed about who can build cars etc. That will make FCA a VERY attractive partner to any of the tech innovators.

GasAxe likes this.