AF: FCA Has Chinese Suitors | Page 30 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA Has Chinese Suitors

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by 1969 300, Aug 14, 2017.

1. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

I wish this thread would go away. (yay google translate)

BASONE88 likes this.
  2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Yep, FAKE NEWS! But it did boost the stock price, thus explains why FCA did not release an official statement.

AlfaCuda, danbek and suzq044 like this.
  3. Hank600ES

Hank600ES Well-Known Member

Yep, never learned to read or write Chinese, just speak enough to carry a simple conversation :rolleyes:

suzq044 likes this.
  4. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

Hank600ES likes this.
  5. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

I guess if you can't raise the value of the company with product, inuendo is the next best thing. What a morale booster.:rolleyes:

redriderbob and Erik Latranyi like this.
  6. Hank600ES

Hank600ES Well-Known Member

7. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

The problem is most people are looking at the worst case scenario... but hey, more power to them.

Mike

8. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but if line workers at an automotive plant are anything like folks working in the trenches at a paper mill, there is no scenario other than the worst case. It get's back to my original point of how all the speculation may just be talk, but make no mistake, it affects your people and not in a good way.

DAGAR and Mike V. like this.
  9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Can you blame them?

wtxiceman and Mike V. like this.
  10. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Nope not one bit. That's why I get a little frothy when someone says there's no harm with M&A speculation coming from HQ.

Mike V. likes this.
  11. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

I'll give an example of how I think this ordeal should have been handled. The former and current CEO of the company I work for has stood in front of investors, managers and the rank and file and said we are in a declining market and losing our a$$. Make no mistake tough times are here and changes, hard changes have to be made. Our destiny is in our hands but even when we do everything right, the market is going to determine not if, but how much we will have to cut back/close. Our choice is to either roll over and die or fight and die with our boots on or survive. We (corporate) is going to explore every avenue to keep our mills running and people working, including shrinking our business (closure), exploring M&A, and best case, realigning our production into making something that makes a profit. All options are on the table but we need to keep reducing cost and maximising our limited capital. Most debt was written off in a recent acquisition, then immediate bankruptcy. Any of this strategy sounding familiar? We didn't need the top dog crapping on our product or moaning about the ills of the industry. We needed and thankfully got someone who says we are going to fight to live even if it means taking casualties or changing who we are. I believe my CEO's best interest is also my best interest. Can the people at FCA say the same thing?

somber and Erik Latranyi like this.
  12. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Some CEOs see the workforce as just another supplier, to be used as much as possible and then replaced when no longer compliant.

I can see that you do not have such a CEO

wtxiceman, somber and GasAxe like this.