AF: FCA has unveiled 2.0 liter 330 HP engine with electric supercharger | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA has unveiled 2.0 liter 330 HP engine with electric supercharger

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by T_690, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

I'm really sorry you are so polarized and can't accept a different perspective without getting a little upset.

You can accept failing infotainment screens, subpar suspension parts, inadequate brakes, ticking valves etc etc as normal or ok all you want. I see it as poor design and or quality. It's an opinion not a complaint.

You can like buying high priced tech, lights and fake hood scoops all you want. Just because I have the opposite feeling about it doesn't mean I shouldn't say it.

I apologize that my opinion about some of the current products clearly offends you, there's no need to get fired up about it. Disagree and move on, I thought this was a discussion board? Not an agree board.

Bajanbuoy likes this.
  2. CharlesTown Cob

You really don't contribute much other than using this forum as an outlet for moaning and complaining.

3. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Your "different perspective" feels a lot like trolling at this point since all you do is complain about everything.

I wouldn't join a Honda or GM forum to complain about their products if I have no intention of owning one. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are expressing it in acceptable ways.

Proper Forum Etiquette - Civility & Negativity (at https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/proper-forum-etiquette-civility-negativity.169902/#post-1085051027 )

I think, increasingly, people like to pretend that facts can be substituted with opinions. Having a right to an opinion does not make your opinion factually accurate, nor does it mean you can go around rubbing it in everyone's face all the time, then defending your position by saying "I have a right to an opinion, you can't stop me!"

#63 Ryan, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    cygnus, GasAxe, vipergts2207 and 9 others like this.
  4. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Mopar has a certain reputation out there. Some is deserved, and some isn't. They seem to have taken a three steps up and two back approach these days. Yet with that said I wouldn't own anything else. If their perceived quality continues to rise they have a bright future. While Manley may be in charge the NA unit seems a bit rudderless these days. I hope that changes after the merger because the new company will need NA to generate money, but they better keep feeding the cash cow.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  5. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

The new company will be able to generate much more money from Europe. In any case, North American revenues stay in North America, as that's how FCA is structured. Agree 100% about "rudderless", though.

T_690 likes this.
  6. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

European revenue is far from small even today but in the future it could leapfrog American.

ScramFan and Morty like this.
  7. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

I think so too. There's a lot said about how the higher prices of BEVs will hit volumes, but not much said about their effect on average transaction price to compensate this.

Personally, I don't see things being as "doom and gloom" as predicted. For instance, Jeep's two new PHEVs are significantly more expensive than their gas cousins (about $5000) , but tax-breaks and lower running costs will still tip buyers towards them, which will result in an increase in average transaction prices. Never underestimate how many thousands someone will pay to save ten bucks a month.

somber, ScramFan, Morty and 2 others like this.
  8. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

This engine is not hot or performance although it has high specific power with 165 HP/l.

This engine is designed as daily driver. Performance engine doesn't have max torque of 450 Nm at just 1500 rpm or 330 HP at 5750 rpm.

For example torque and power curves from performance 2.0 liter engine:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see maximum torque of 450 Nm at 1500 rpm but it has only 250 Nm at 1500 rpm. It's almost twice less than GME T4 HO at the same rpm. Or in HP. Mercedes engine has 52 HP at 1500 rpm while FCA engine is already at 95 HP.

So as I've said this engine is designed as a daily driver. And exactly that's the point of electric supercharger. It pumps down low and enables engine with no turbo lag.

AFAIK GME T4 was only one of at least 4 different engines which were or are under development with electric supercharger. The other 3 are Alfa-Maserati V6 90°, GME T6 for FCA US brands, and 3.0 liter V6 diesel.