AF: FCA June 2018 Meeting | Page 30 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA June 2018 Meeting

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by cygnus, May 17, 2018.

1. LXbuilder

LXbuilder Well-Known Member

So insiders here knew that plans to use Giorgio on the large cars were scrapped and didn't share that info here? Okay that's good to know. (guess I no longer have a "go to" site for Mopar news and rumours)
    And clearly the company's plans going forward are not geared towards Mopar Muscle enthusiasts, odd when SRT cars must bring in way more cash than Alfa Romeo, with the old long payed for platform and the higher volume of vehicles that sell for more money than Alfa products do.

2. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

IMO. This was a very laidback and honest presentation of future products. They will have much more products from this plan in production compared to any previous plan.

They avoided any unrealistic plans.
    Just look for example at Alfa's plan. I do know that they could out two additional products in the plan. They did not do it. And I actually like that. This new plan is a very doable. With a 3 new Giorgio based product and long wheelbase versions of two existing products. IMO the most dubious project is a new 8C which is a most likely a 4C evolution with new suspension and subframes so that they can accommodate different transmission, electrification, and engine.

This new plan was all about electrification and autonomous driving. And according to this plan at the end of 2022 FCA could be on pole position compared to competitors.
    AFAIK till now the most criticism for fca came about electrification and autonomous driving technologies.

For Jeep. I think that Urban Jeep project is an easily overlooked.
    That should be a on road biased Jeep trim levels.

3. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

No, he reads Allpar - "Chrysler is dead"

4. Chris mopar

Chris mopar Well-Known Member

You are correct, I stand corrected and not one of my better post. Just feeling a little disappointed by yesterday’s meating.

freshforged likes this.
  5. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

How about price level?

BTW. There is no E segment Alfa or a new Maserati Ghibli in the new 5 year plan.

hmk123 likes this.
  6. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

2022 - 5 = 2017.... I
    its almost like some said last year the in 5 years everything would be at least a mild Hybrid.... hmmmmmmmm and no they won't be ahead EVERYONE has the same target, if they can figure out how to ship them damn batteries.... I wonder who is working on that... I WONDER.

ScramFan, Zagnut27 and Mike V. like this.
  7. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Some one mentioned putting Chrysler nameplates on Fiats, to me it was a great suggestion. Fill out the lineup and see what sells. Mercedes has everything on the road around here from Asian looking hatches to the top of the line vehicles. If Merc can do it some one else can. Anyway thats how I see it. Fiat has to suceed for MOPAR to stick around.

8. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

I do not agree that those plans have been scrapped.

Like the previous investors meetings... it is a dog and pony show towards investors, not enthusiasts. In my opinion people are over reacting.

Mike

#588 Mike V., Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    page2171, somber, tlc and 9 others like this.
  9. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

We'll see. Plan is a different for every region.

There will be a BEV Renegade for China but not for Europe. Europe and US will most likely receive a PHEV Renegade. In addition to that one Europe will receive a P2 48V mild hybrid. That's a more efficient type of hybrid compared to a Wrangler or a Ram mild hybrid.

For example in Europe FCA said they will discontinue diesel. If that true, which BTW I don't believe, they must be more aggressive in electrification than most of competitors because competitors will have diesels.

ScramFan likes this.
  10. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

If all you have is a Hammer ( worship of FCA's CEO ), then every problem looks like a nail ( FCA's CEO comments on the future of the automobile industry ).

Many of the rest of us have encountered still other Industry people who have been commenting on electrification as it could impact the future of the Automotive world; and they have a history dating before January 2018.

A number of people have learned that the mouth that roared can't control itself. I recall his outward questioning of electrification nearly as soon as the ink was dry after the acquisition of the CDJ companies and their greater holdings ( which already had electrification both demonstrated with rolling stock and contracts; and with vision and concepts ). AMC, which Chrysler purchased, had electrification in its portfolio - beginning in 1967 they started ongoing research for the Amitron , which was improved and renamed the Electron . So, Chrysler had two early sources of electrification IP - both distinct - as well as having a sort of "Boots on the Ground" working product.

There are other products which FCA's CEO dismissed which could have been productive for the overall brand, but top level choices overruled potential. He comes to the USA with the funny notion that he's going to teach everyone here how to drive (basically).

How is that working for His brand?

FCA'S current CEO deserves the dignity of his humanity; but anything more is optional based on individual taste.

somber, GasAxe, Erik Latranyi and 2 others like this.
  11. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Nobody will be able to complain about delayed products now that they basically just said “by 2022” on everything. Good move IMO.

12. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

CAPEX is the largest in 2020 so I presume that most products will hit the showroom in a 2020 or a first half of 2021.

Ryan likes this.
  13. Lampredi

Lampredi Well-Known Member

Typographic optimization? Or is that, err, a... typo?

14. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

I would not exclude a substantial upgrades on 'L' platform for future Dodge cars. That includes a future upgrades for Ghibli including architecture alternations which are necessary for an electrification. Even Alfa or Maserati will not receive a Giorgio platform during this new 5 year plan.

15. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Oh I know substantial upgrades are coming.

I’m saying there is a lot more happening that many people here do not know about. Just because it was not reported to the investors does not mean it is not happening.

Mike

somber, tlc, danbek and 6 others like this.
  16. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Since this quote got ignored, here it is again for you guys to read:

I'm reopening this thread after cleaning out some of the argumentative and unreasonably negative posts. If you guys can't refrain from arguing or being overly negative without any justifiable excuse, there will be other problems.

tlc likes this.
  17. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Let’s see if a can get my device to leave the word alone as spelled Topograpical optimization?

Zagnut27 and Lampredi like this.
  18. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

Did anyone have a link for the "4X4 e" video that was shown during the event?
    [​IMG]

19. CivoLee

CivoLee Well-Known Member

You know, saying the presentation didn't include anything about Dodge, Chrysler, or Fiat* because it was geared towards investors is implying that FCA doesn't regard those brands as being worthy of investment.

Chrysler ought to sue Bob Eaton for the amount of whatever golden parachute he got from the Daimler deal, adjusted for inflation, because ultimately this whole mess is his fault. Chrysler had a direction - luxury - until Daimler said, "no, that is Mercedes-Benz's purpose," (admittedly without trying to make Chrysler into a "people-mover" brand). And now FCA are saying, "no, that's Alfa Romeo/Maserati's purpose."

It's becoming clear that the only reason FCA hold on Chrysler and Dodge is the same reason GM let Oldsmobile and Pontiac linger on through to their respective demises - brand diversity and as cash cows without significant investment. Making Chrysler into a mainstream brand is an insult to people who remember when they made premium-feeling cars for people who aren't ultra-rich. And making Dodge into a performance brand ignores the many customers who bought Darts/Monacos/Arieses/Omnis/Lancers/Shadows/Spirits/Intrepids/Grand Caravans/Avengers and yes, Calibers and Journeys, as basic transportation for themselves and their friends/families.

In reality, beyond that Chrysler is what the "C" in FCA stands for, what is there really to stop them from shuttering the Chrysler brand and making Dodge, Jeep, and Ram divisions of Fiat the same way Alfa Romeo and Maserati (and Ferrari, to a point) are?

*Fiat's return to North America has been botched since day one and is likely unsalvageable at this point. Though I do like the 500 as I feel it's availability here gives the world a sense of connectedness to have a car here that was clearly designed with Europe in mind, the Alfa lineup of 2010 with the Mito/Giulietta/159/GT/Spyder would've suited our market better.

cdjr77, NWbyNW, wvutuba and 3 others like this.
  20. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

T
    The fenders and rear quarters are currently hemmed to allow for wider tires now used on Hellcats, if that's what you mean.