AF: FCA June 2018 Meeting | Page 32 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA June 2018 Meeting

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by cygnus, May 17, 2018.

1. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

I don't seem to remember Marchionne stating a particular money figure to be divided up between the "stump" brands. Also, I'm pretty sure FIAT gets included in that 25% "money pie".

2. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

There's a reason these brands weren't discussed. What that turns out to be? Anyone's guess at this time. One things for certain, this omission isn't doing these brands any favors sales wise.

wtxiceman likes this.
  3. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

There is no guessing, they were very straight about what the plan is focused on, and that is the investors.
    I doubt not following the last 5 year plan hurt sales and leaving out the more focused brands will not hurt sales either. When FCA was being ridiculed for changing plans with the 200 and Dart, other manufacturers are now following suit. We now know why, manufacturing lines have been redirected.
    If I was an investor, I would be comforted that the main focus of the plan is focused to where most of the future growth is in the future.
    FCA's new 5 year plan started 2-3 yrs ago when they saw where the trends are going and changes began. Sergio may be brash but the future is very bright for FCA.
    Wil

4. AlexB

AlexB Active Member

There's no guess.....Sergio clearly stated to highlight the Global brands of the house that's Fiat Chrysler.

page2171, tlc, ScramFan and 3 others like this.
  5. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

current Charger and Challenger are the 2 most potent cars in Mopar history. The both define there own class in the sedan and coupe sector. There is absolutely no reason to throw a Hail Mary on those. There is ton of wisdom in a cautious approach similar to JK-JL. If the lessons learned from Alfa can be applied to the current plant capacity, build points, and manufacturing window to keep the potent affordable drivetrains it is truly the best of both worlds. ...... not sure how one can find fault it that

#625 TripleT, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  6. AlexB

AlexB Active Member

As long as the exterior is true redesigned and the interior is right ...that was one of the mistakes GM made with the 6th Gen Camaro when it first launched exterior to casual buyer didn't change much, while GM threw the well "Mary" with the mechanics & engineering.

A "blah" looking exterior matters a lot more to sales than how well the car drives after all its an emotional purchase.

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  7. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Haven't been posting much and this is why. I am die-hard MOPAR through and through and know our beloved brands will flourish if our company as a hole, FCA flourishes. I understand some of the nervousness but if you don't truly believe in the company and it's management, you will continue to be tied in knots. If that's the case, good luck to you. We have all been on a hell of a ride, I will continue to believe in this company.

#627 danbek, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2018
    Ryan, tlc, Mopar Jerry and 8 others like this.
  8. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

I was in deep when the company was dead... you have no idea how close it was the most likely outcome was Dodge and Chrysler assets were going to who ever wanted them and the minivan, Jeep, and ram when to 3 different companies.... Fiat was a late savior.... there is no denying the history. The rest of the statement is just uniformed Chysler got 2 entirely new high volume models with completely revised high volume manufacturing that dwarf the total implementation cost of the entire Alfa line. So while it’s everyones right to feel negative it’s not a right to rewrite history

#628 TripleT, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2018
    Mike V., DAGAR, tlc and 8 others like this.
  9. pumadog

pumadog Well-Known Member

Is there a transcript of the Q&A or videos of the brand presentations somewhere?

10. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

You can listen Q&A. Audio is available.

11. james.mooney.

james.mooney. The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"

Was a "3-row Grand Cherokee" specifically mentioned, or has it just been assumed that the "E-segment 3-row" will be based on the Grand Cherokee?

There are other platforms from which an E-UV can be derived (Pacifica).

12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Mike V specifically mentioned that he thought a 3-row Grand Cherokee would be coming soon. Others here have speculated that it would be international only, but I don’t think he said that, though I might’ve missed it (perhaps because of wishful thinking?).

GasAxe and james.mooney. like this.
  13. pumadog

pumadog Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's more than an hour and not searchable.

freshforged and Ryan like this.
  14. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

That seems to be the $64 question. Could a 3 row Grand Cherokee be the next Wrangler Unlimited..?

15. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I certainly hope so. That’s exactly the vehicle that I’ve been waiting for and wanting for a looooooooooooooooooooong time! It would make me ask, Durango who?? :D:p

16. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

If you think it's bad in here, you should read some of the comments on other "FCA June Meeting" follow up stories from other sites, articles, publishers, etc. Some crazy ideas out there.

17. hmk123

Level III Supporter

To which The Onion could probably run a headline like “Shocking News: Common Sense found to be not that common”.
    :)

#637 hmk123, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    UN4GTBL, MPE426HEMI, suzq044 and 2 others like this.
  18. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

If it has solid axles.

19. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yeah, people complain a lot about the level of negativity here, and I get it. Reading the comment sections in articles and forums elsewhere, I’ve come to realize that people here may not realize just how good people are here towards each other. It’s like a free for all at these other sites sometimes, full contact no holds barred. :)

Not to mention the level of sheer stupidity with the comments either. Comments here may be perceived as negative, but the comments are usually thoughtful...for the most part. (My own stupid attempts at humor notwithstanding :p)

#639 Zagnut27, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  20. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

For the most part everyone does their research and forms an opinion, and I don't think we have trolls per se. People have heated disagreements, but I've been on Civic forums and there's people who modify their cars that are straight up hostile to the people that are get optimum gas mileage. The closest thing as for as being cordial to allpar is the Saturnfansforums and I'm sure that's a dying site at this point.

Zagnut27 likes this.