AF: FCA June 2018 Meeting | Page 33 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA June 2018 Meeting

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by cygnus, May 17, 2018.

1. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

PMD says it’s not FCA anymore, after the meeting and now refers to it as JARM. (Jeep, Alfa,Ram,Maserati) Bahaahaa!
    He seems to be generally pleased with Alfa’s outcome. Chrysler is pretty much done and Dodge is performance & police cars (how long can it sell?) Has some nice words for Jeep & Ram. I guess with the sales of those two, only an idiot would say there’s something wrong there.

2. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

By gosh, he's so clever. I'm so happy his prediction of imminent failure has come to pass,,, oh wait.

ScramFan, freshforged and Ryan like this.
  3. MPE426HEMI

Sorry, just edited that to include C&D. He still has a dislike for SM and says he couldn’t care less about electrification, just trying to hold out until retirement, so he can hand it off to whomever takes the job.
    He’s not giving him credit for anything, Lol!

4. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

He drives an Alfa. He must be pleased.

If he is happy with Stelvio that his next car could be a E segment Alfa SUV.

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  5. MPE426HEMI

Yes, he seems to be very pleased with it.

6. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

Since it seems all the cool new stuff (things like Siri, Alexa, and that new AI robot in Saudi Arabia called Sophia) are named after women.....he might have considered MARJ.:D

JavelinAMX, MPE426HEMI and wtxiceman like this.
  7. wolfsblood07

wolfsblood07 Active Member

The New Cars issue of Motor Trend may soon be down to 0 American cars, if Camaro and Mustang get discontinued. It's already down to just a few.
    This was unthinkable just a year ago.

8. MPE426HEMI

That would have been better.

9. dfarc

dfarc Well-Known Member

The width of the tires really only matter at the end, line wise, tires are one of the last things to go and actually touch a track.
    The bodysides and fenders are hemmed to make room for the tires when they actually go on. If they left them, the wide tires would be too close to the metal and a greater risk of damage.

Mike V. likes this.
  10. Dragonkat

Dragonkat Active Member

I bleed mopar blue, I been a mopar enthusiast for decades, but I work for Hyundai and you can see a clear different between the 2 Automotive companies, one has a very clear Direction the other does not.
    And FCA has 10 times the Cash Hyundai has!

I hope the incoming CEO will ditch SM so called five year plan and replace it with a real vision for the company!

11. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

If FCA has more cash than Hyundai, maybe they are doing something right. Hyundai is in the second year of a pretty substantial sales decline. Hyundai’s bread and butter Elantra and Sonata are simply not selling well.

Reality is the market is changing, like him or not, SM was the first to recognize and gamble on it. The choice was made to make the investment on the plant shuffle and so far it is looking like it was the right choice.

Ford agrees with FCA on the sedan market also. GM will be next to announce wholesale changes to their sedan production.

Mike

#651 Mike V., Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    danbek, hmk123, Deckard_Cain and 7 others like this.
  12. 77 Monaco Brougham

Just to satisfy my curiosity.....I did a little poking around online, and came up with these figures which I found "interesting":

Market Cap as of the end of business today:

H-K $22.62 Billion
    PSA $18.64 Billion
    FCA $32.94 Billion

Just sayin'

AlfaCuda and Deckard_Cain like this.
  13. Mike V.

And?

Mike

14. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

I think he is supporting your statement Mike... Market cap for FCA is higher than PSA or Hyundai/KIA.
    That's interesting since I consider Hyundai/KIA to be doing a lot of things right, although not in the US.

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  15. 77 Monaco Brougham

YAY!!!....You got it on the first try!

Post #652 was indeed supporting Mike's earlier statement.

16. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

GasAxe likes this.
  17. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

I was going to link the same article. Good for Dave for being interviewed in the article.:)

I’ll say it again, these investment presentations just stir up a lot of confusion, hate and discontent.

Mike V. likes this.
  18. Mike V.

I agree, but I was waiting for him to continue conversation about it :D

Mike

19. hmk123

Level III Supporter

IMHO SM’s shift to electric vehicles is primarily about China plus the diesel scandal. With Audi, BMW and MB the European market is tough for FCA. China is too big to be ignored and they have mandates.

Chrysler and Dodge have already been primarily North American. Last I checked Chrysler was down to three models already in 2009. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Product is coming. One minute SM gets criticized for saying too much and next for saying too little. I am glad I have been allowed to experience the second revival of the pony and muscle car area and Mopar is a big part of it.

Speaking off which. Off to Mopar Ralley, Silicon Valley’s biggest annual Mopar show hosted by Mopar Alley. Time to see again where it all started. It’s 2018 and we are still here and my five year prediction is that there will still be interesting and cool Mopars to buy...

20. hmk123

Level III Supporter

The problem in our world today are the headlines. I don’t have problems with the article itself. A lot of it is the reality. But if one just reads the headline....