AF: FCA + Peugeot in Talks | Page 19 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA + Peugeot in Talks

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dan Minick, Oct 29, 2019.

1. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

You'd have to track the discussions which have been going on since its inception.

These run throughout the SM era - with gathering volume.

Hard to miss; unless one is willfully selective in their review.

#361 JavelinAMX, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

As long as those horses are dead, I'd like to place an order for one 6 ounce fillet, suitable for grilling, please.:p:D

P.S. This is also a joke.

Tony K likes this.
  3. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Had nothing to do with being selective, it was simply to the point of your comment. Speaking of beating a dead horse, this is getting old.

phillip104 likes this.
  4. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Can we stop with the beating of dead horses comments? It’s probably considered tenderizing at this point?

5. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

The one thing I find hopeful about Tavares is that he seems genuinely interested in making cars that people want to buy today and tomorrow. Not in just making the quarterly numbers look good for investors.

link3721, pumadog, wvutuba and 7 others like this.
  6. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

:D Shall we stoke up the grill, then?

7. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Perhaps, though at this point it’s probably horse purée. :D

77 Monaco Brougham and Tony K like this.
  8. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Well, then, throw on the cast iron kettle, we're having Horsenpfeffer :D

9. 77 Monaco Brougham

Ya know...there are any number of nursing homes and other elderly care facilities that would love to buy horse puree on the cheap!

It might be even better to sell to Alzheimer's care facilities. The residents won't even remember that they ate it!:p:D

* For you humor-challenged folks out there...it was only a joke.

10. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

My paternal grandfather had Alzheimer's, but that's still funny. He'd be 105 in a month. He was a farmer. Used to own horses and mules even in the 50s. Belgians and big draft mules. He also raised black Angus back when they were still purebred and not stupid big with presumably Italian genetics. In 1957, he bought a Chevy farm truck. The fenders fell off, it was so poorly made. He traded it for a 57 Dodge, which we still had when I was a teenager in the 80s. Big orange truck, at least a 1 ton flatbed. Been a Dodge family ever since. Of course, growing up 20 miles from the birthplace of Dodge Trucks (Evansville, IN) one shouldn't be too surprised. We still have a pair of mid-70s D600s.

11. 77 Monaco Brougham

On a serious note, For most of my life I've been curious about what meat from a horse would taste like. I've heard it's supposed to be very lean, and I know that in certain countries around the globe, meat from a horse is considered a delicacy.

But...anytime I've ever mentioned this to anybody, they recoil in disgust, as if I were some sort of monster from a foreign planet from "Star Trek".

I haven't mentioned it with anyone in years, but the curiosity remains...

Tony K likes this.
  12. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

Having been put in a situation where it’d be massively rude to refuse a dish, I can say you’re not missing anything.

13. 77 Monaco Brougham

Have you ever had the opportunity to try Buffalo?

Also, I've heard the milk from a Buffalo is rich, creamy, and delicious, and is sometimes even used for making ice cream.

14. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Hey, it's not like you're curious about how people taste...cause that'd be weird and stuff. And depending on the country, probably illegal. :p

When I was a kid, my dad worked in R&D for the old Gino's restaurant chain. One of the things they were experimenting with was a meat called Beefalo. It was a hybrid between beef and buffalo...I'm thinking it was a blend of beef and buffalo and not hybrid animals themselves. He brought some to my school for us to try, and I recall it tasting ok, but I guess it never caught on because that was the last time I ever heard of it.

More useless knowledge for the Allpar audience! Boy this thread has gone off into the weeds. :D

15. 77 Monaco Brougham

Hate to burst your bubble, but it really was (and IS) about hybrid animals:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtsX5bPU6qU

JavelinAMX and BASONE88 like this.
  16. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I have had Buffalo and beefalo. They really just tasted like very lean beef. I will not eat horse however, just a personal thing.

17. 77 Monaco Brougham

When I would share my curiosity with folks about horse, they had this idea in their minds of horses as loveable pets. It was as if they thought I wanted to eat "Mr. Ed", or some other fictional loveable horse.

18. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

19. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Nah, it doesn't matter to me that it is an actual hybrid animal...I just couldn't remember, that was almost 40 years ago at this point.

A horse is a horse of course, of course, and nobody can talk to a horse of course.....

But what is the difference between an animal that is considered livestock and one that is considered a pet? Perception mainly. In all the various occupations I've had in my life, I've seen the very worst things humans can do to animals and to each other. I don't want to see anymore, and I don't want to take part anymore if I can help it. That's the path I now lead, but I don't expect anyone else to follow. To each their own.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

So has the deal been finalized yet, or is it still in the "coming soon to a theater near you" stage?

gforce2002 and Adventurer55 like this.
  20. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Yes, but so have other auto company CEOs and they usually end up picking the quarterly numbers over what the customers want. Stockholders (the real bosses) will only put up with lackluster quarterly results for so long before exerting pressure for changes in management.