AF: FCA + Peugeot in Talks | Page 5 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA + Peugeot in Talks

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dan Minick, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Deal or no deal, merger or no merger....don’t mess up Jeep. That is all. (Others may insert their favorite brand). :D

Stéphane Dumas and Doug D like this.
  2. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

I’d love to see a replacement for the SRT4! With Purgot’s expertise in rally cars, you’d think Ralph and his gang of car nuts could cook something up.

Man, give the 208 to SRT and see what they could do!!!

Don’t mess with SRT!

3. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

The name, with both companies’ love for acronyms…

French Italian American Transportation
    FIAT

Peugeot Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
    PFCA

codypet likes this.
  4. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

Peugeot has always been my #1 choice for a Chrysler merger.

But fca taking a back seat is worrisome.

77 Monaco Brougham likes this.
  5. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

6. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

nah....better to buy it now before the UAW strikes, quality goes through the floor, and the Durango ends up on a French micro-car platform.... :p

vipergg and Deckard_Cain like this.
  7. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

Jeez, this sounds like an awesome deal.

8. dakota21

Supporter

Don't mess up Jeep, Dodge, and Ram. Chrysler is already messed up...

9. Quambi

Quambi Well-Known Member

If PSA vehicles come to North America rebadged under FCA-US brands, let them be sold as Chryslers only. Most people will see through the badge-engineering and know where these new "Chryslers" come from. But at this point, who cares? The Chrysler brand is as good as dead anyway.

#89 Quambi, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    HotCarNut likes this.
  10. Andraz3d

Andraz3d Active Member

There was an extensive research done a while ago, with hundreds of scientists involved. Their finding was, contrary to what many people (here) believe, that there is a world outside of US.

I have been actively following car industry for 25 years. Sure, from EU perspective, but trying hard to understand the world. And since Carlos Tavares, PSA has been on an impressive vector of progress. FCA has been impressive as well (considering the position 10 years ago). This means that together, with the proper economies of scale (yes, US or EU markets are not large enough anymore for that), proper brand management (chrysler, fiat, alfa, maserati mostly, perhaps even lancia and Plymouth) and big investments into electricity and software dev, they could achieve phenomenal results. And I seriously doubt that the french will be looking down on americans and italians. Carlos is portuguese and that should keep the american and french egos at bay.

Current image of PSA in europe is increasing. Design has been bleeding edge, interiors have been basically among the best in industry, they are executing extremely smart on the platform and architecture front and it seems they are really well prepared for the hybrid and electricity wars. Reliability is above average and possibly better than VW, Renault, Ford, FCA...As you see, they are better in many ways than FCA.

I am a huge fan of certain FCA brands. I still drive my Lancia thesis. I had many fiats. I mostly drive MBs these days because FCA has not been producing cars that I desire. Ghibli and also Guilia being out of reach for me. And considering what PSA managed to do in last 10 years, I strongly approve this message. It really could be phenomenal.

FCA is not big enough to compete anymore. Neither is PSA. So, what would be a perfect partner for FCA? Who would be the best fit?
    Honda? Perhaps , but they are dead in europe
    Hyundai? Too many direct competitor fronts imho
    Renault? That would be interesting... but management is a mess and so is Nissan
    Tata? Not really
    Premium brands? Basically only MB would be ok, but we have seen this before...
    Mazda? Tiny...
    Suzuki? Tiny...
    Chinese? Specifically with Volvo? Interesting... but with current vibe in US, that would not fly.

i really think PSA is probably as good as it gets.

Morty, BASONE88, Chebby7 and 15 others like this.
  11. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Nothing any of us can do about the Merger, one way or the other. The Big Money Men have made their choice and all we can do is sit back and watch. Jeep and Ram are supporting FCA, so I beg to differ on the “we are too small to compete” story line.

wtxiceman and cygnus like this.
  12. Andraz3d

Andraz3d Active Member

sure, lets compete with jeep and ram on a global scale. Against the wrath of toyota, vw... fca can compete with gm and ford, but probably we all agree these two havent been really the world benchmarks for quite a while.

Tony K and ScramFan like this.
  13. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

We don’t need to be Global, our industries were the benchmark for the world until we let the Asian makers in after rebuilding their industry after the War. Every time we get involved with Europe they get our money and we get burned. Nothing new here.

wtxiceman and cygnus like this.
  14. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Tavares has a well proven track record. The big if now is whether he will actually control the new group. We now will have someone in charge who is as capable of not more so then Sergio. If he looks at where all the profits come from hopefully he will be smart enough to continue investments in NA. Fix Chrysler and Dodge by giving them something to sell and NA will be fine. Then concentrate on Europe.

15. cygnus

cygnus Well-Known Member

Europe is a dying continent, just look at the birth rates of the native population. Good luck with those generous social programs in a generation or two.

wtxiceman likes this.
  16. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

Picture has changed. Now more profits comes from Europe. LOL

ScramFan and pumadog like this.
  17. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Or maybe young people simply don't want a butt load of kids running around. I don't make the rules, but here in the US tax deductions should be limited to two kids. You have more you're on your own. Just my opinion.

Donte Lindsey and vipergts2207 like this.
  18. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Don't mess up Plymouth! Oh wait! Darn you Daimler!!!!
    At least I got the Voyager back.

19. willy4110

willy4110 Well-Known Member

From the frying pan into the fire ?

20. BEEAH

BEEAH Well-Known Member

Where is that eating popcorn emoji when you need it? This'll be interesting to watch and directly experience... Not 100% sure how I feel about this but at least it's LIKE a new car model announcement in a "well this is new" way. :rolleyes::D

page2171, Tony K, Mr. Fusion and 2 others like this.