NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCA quality: lousy scores

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by valiant67, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

I have Warranty Direct... I had a leak in my Power Steering Hose... After what they "covered", I paid 70% of the total cost for the repair. They didn't even cover the FULL cost of the part... Crooks... All I can say is "research, research, research." While I did my research to compare prices and coverages, I did not research complaints. Hundreds upon hundreds of complaints for what I experienced.

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  2. geraldg

geraldg Active Member Ad-Free Member

Just a comment I drive for a dealership ( not FCA ) and yesterday a man I drove talked about the horrible experience he had with a 300 and the dealership and company ran him around and he said he would never buy another Chrysler product. These are the things that make people go elsewhere to buy a car. He now has a Ford and Kia and loves them and the service he gets. You treat your customers right because they are your bread and butter, repeat sales.

MPE426HEMI, somber, Ian and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Car Freak

I get the run around from my dealer as well. I work in the auto industry and the dealer knows exactly where I work and what I do for a living...now i'm being told that the sway bar bushings will no longer be under warranty after 2 replacements within 2 yrs. Requires a new sway bar if it happens again, lol. I don't think so!

MPE426HEMI, somber and UN4GTBL like this.
  4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

Time to call Chrysler...

Ian likes this.
  5. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

Sounds like the line I got from my dealer regarding my 2013 Rubicon with 27,000 miles. The catch being they had just replaced the parts a year prior...with beefier aftermarket components. That was a $1,700 job. In this case, it turned out to be nothing of the sort: a simple five minute adjustment.

Now on I only take my vehicles to the dealership for warranty work. They can replace as many parts and stuck FCA with the bill as much as they want. The moment it is on my dime, I will take them elsewhere.

JavelinAMX, somber, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Car Freak

I can get alot of work done at my shop but the links and bushings have had been replaced before by them when it was in for some other issues. They replaced them with OEM parts, no aftermarket. I just replaced the links, that were replaced 6 months ago at my own expense 2 days ago because of that run around. They replaced the bushings 2 weeks ago and thought they would do the links to but it was still noisy after I picked it up (links and bushings were replaced in June 2016)

That's after buying 5 cars, including a brand new Dart and 2 Ram trucks and all the Chrysler products coming to my shop being sent there. They get alot of business and that's the thank you I get.

7. Chase300

Chase300 Member

I thought parts carried 1 yr warranty after replacement...No?

8. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

For the ten years I've been going to my dealer, they've always been good to work with. But something's happened that they've become greedy sharks.

Ian and UN4GTBL like this.
  9. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Usually.

10. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Active Member

I once had an aftermarket warranty on a certified used vehicle. (I think it was Coast to Coast but Lubrico seems to be popular now). It cost me an extra $800, I think at the time for 3 years of coverage. Covers everything, I was told. So, about 8 months after, I had the typical "Clunking" up front and took the van to one of the "specified" garages. They took a couple of hours to look the vehicle over and called saying I needed a new sway bar and bushings and then repair was "not" covered of course. So $400 for parts + Labor. I told them to take the vehicle down off the lift because I was going to get a second opinion. It ended up being the front passenger side stabilizer link $38. I replaced it myself in the driveway and the clunk was gone for good. Never had to touch it after. Buyer beware. While the company never really did anything wrong, in my case, it was just a matter of the way they had the coverage spread out over stuff you'd likely never need replacing. Anything that was prone to wearing, of course, was not covered. And this certainly wasn't reflected in the way it was talked up, presented and sold to me.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    somber likes this.
  11. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Active Member

Back to FCA's lousy scores. Between this and the dealer service makes even me wonder why I would want to return to buy a vehicle from them. It blows my mind that it seems they don't care anyway. If somebody could guarantee me that I could buy a vehicle elsewhere and not have any problems with it for 5-10 years, I'd probably go for it. I've had good luck with my Chrysler vehicles over the years and don't want to mess that up. As for nostalgia, it won't get you far.

Ian likes this.
  12. Ian

Ian Car Freak

That's how I feel as well. The last maybe, 2-3 yrs!

2 years unlimited mileage on OEM replacement parts

UN4GTBL and aldo90731 like this.
  13. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Well-Known Member Level III Supporter

One must ask ---- what has changed?

Ownership or management change at the dealership could cause this.
    FCA changes in reimbursement and behavior could cause this.

somber, MPE426HEMI, GasAxe and 3 others like this.
  14. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

In the US it is 12 months / 12,000 miles. At last that what the dealer service invoices I have indicate. I guess Canada may be different.

15. Ian

Ian Car Freak

The dealership I deal with, nothing has changed in regards to ownership and staff. All the same since I started doing business with them. I'm thinking it might be on FCA's end.

I was at our local dealer association auto show...and it was hard being a Mopar at heart fan and seeing such a small area for FCA...

MPE426HEMI likes this.